WEN

Honored Contributor

From Chaz's Facebook:

We are so excited to announce the launch of our first ever WEN SPF product. The brand new 613 Dry Oil Treatment Spray has all of the skincare benefits you love from the 613 range and an SPF of 20 to protect your skin all summer long.

WEN 613 SPF 20 Dry Oil Intensive Treatment Spray is a lightweight sunscreen to help protect your skin from the sun. Infused with extracts and essential oils of Lemon, Rosemary, and Vanilla Bean, Dry Oil helps to improve the look and feel of your skin with added Vitamin K, Arnica, Amino Acids, and Peptides.

Shake well before use. Spray liberally onto skin 15 minutes before sun exposure and spread evenly in with hands. Reapply every 2 hours and immediately after swimming.

$65 - 7 ounces - available immediately on his website. (QVC will have it for less money). Heart

Chaz sunscreen.jpg

Active Ingredients:

Octocrylene 10.00%

Homosalate 10.00%

Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 7.50%

Ethylhexyl Salicylate 5.00%

Benzophenone 3 4.00%

Other Ingredients

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, SD Alcohol 40B, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, PVP, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenyltrimethicone, Olive Fruit Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Vanillin, Basil Leaf Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Vitamin K, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Marsh Mallow/ Althea Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, World Traveler for posting this!!!  I was hoping you would.  I'm not as good at this as you!!! 

I think this is great because the only thing we could use is that tacky, sticky cream that is a sun block and I felt sticky all day but the Dry Oil makes the skin REALLY soft and smooth so wearing this as a sun block is gonna be great!  Not only do you get the benefits of the dry oil but a sun block too!  I saw it on his site this morning.

Oh, definitely the Q will have it for less money and on easy pay too.  I think right now, the Q has six easy pays going so I need the Bella Lip Treatment.  I got the one with the lip scrub and the translucent balm and the 319 NBT in the tube.

I remember some people talking about a sun block quite a while ago.  Chaz always comes through but it has to pass his tests before he offers it.  WOO HOO!!

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Sunscreen

[ Edited ]

@77yangya Yes, he has been working on it for a long time. I like that it has the Vitamin K, Arnica, etc. in it. 

Last summer during one of my haircut visits, I asked him how the sunscreen was coming along and he said very well, but he was still tweaking it.

I asked about the SPF and he told me 20. I mentioned that there will be people who will think that is not enough, that more is better. So, why did he only make it 20? He said when he talked with the chemists/laboratories who work with SPF, they told him there was no big benefit to going higher than 20. If I remember correctly, they also told him of the downside of going more than 20, that going over 20 can actually do damage to your skin. I don't recall the reason he gave me.  I figured he would do what is best for us. Perhaps you could ask him on periscope sometime. I won't be seeing him soon. 

The sunscreen is a little heavier than the dry oil spray we now have for our hair/face; however, he does not consider it a heavy oil, just not as light as what we use now.

And because it does have the Vitamin K and Arnica, which has done wonders for so many people's skin in the products he uses it (613, 319, etc.), I know that is taking care of so many skin issues that people have.

He does NOT plan to do seasonal sunscreens because of the shortness of each season. But I bet he does a 319 version.

Respected Contributor

Yes, World Traveler, I was thinking the same thing.  He'll probably do it in 319 too.  I thought the same thing as you, that Chaz made it 20 for a special reason and that, that reason, I trust is right.  I know Chaz will NEVER release anything unless it meets with him 100%.  Oh, so you knew about him working on it!  That must be so much fun when you go to his salon, to sample stuff!!!

I was periscoping during Hunter's birthday, let's see, it must've been early March, he took Cassandra downstairs to what I guess is part of the salon area and touch up her hair with the Dry Cleanser.  I kept that on the computer bar and refer to it.  I'd wager that he's working on a bunch of different things!  I love the vitamin K and arnica too.  I have a surgical incission from almost five years ago that I use the NBTs on.  It's still tender and is still healing and the NBTs helped ALOT.  Plus I love his NBTs anyway!  LOL!  World Traveler, I got the Fresh Floral NBT and OH MAN!  Is it AMAZING!  I don't see it in an EDP but that's okay because I have two RTMs in it.  One for the bedroom and one for the bathroom.  It's a lovely scent.  It's at the TOP of my favorite list.

Sometimes, my husband and I go to the beach for the day and one time we never thought to use any sunscreen because we did not go swimming nor lay out on the beach.  We just walked around, went on a few rides and just stood on the beach watching the sea.  I could do that for eternity and never get bored.  anyway, when we got home and out of the car, my face felt "hot" and his was RED.  I said, "ut oh, I think we got some sun!"  It wasn't too bad though.  Our faces really got it.  I'm more "olive" he's more "porcelain".  When this new SPF comes to the Q, I'm in.  I completely trust Chaz's decisions in his complete Wen line AND as a person.  Thank you for posting the link and the information about it!!!  Oh, anything he says about it on periscope I'll definitely post.  When he was touching up Cassandra's hair, he kept saying to the camera person, Always to my right, no cheating!  He had all these bottles on the counter top that looked like samples of things in process.  Cassandra grabbed the jar of the Bella UINBT and started using it.  My eyeballs were hanging out because that's the only thing in Bella I don't have.  I have to wait for it to come to the Q.  I could've gotten it when he did the 30% sale but I got something else.  I could have gotten it for 63.00 instead of 90. but I was asleep at the switch!  The model Jack is right when he said just when you think it can't get any better!!!  I can't wait for Gallonpalooza month, June!!!!  I'm gonna be at his new salon when he does a grand opening too!!!!  I already told my husband he has to take me there, he said, if you're nice to me I will!!!   LOL!!!!!  XXOO

Respected Contributor

In reality, the extra protection is negligible. Properly applied SPF 50 sunscreen blocks 98 percent of UVB rays; SPF 100 blocks 99 percent. When used correctly, sunscreen with SPF values in the range of 30 to 50 will offer adequate sunburn protection, even for people most sensitive to sunburn.

Sorry to post twice but this is what I found on line about SPF.  Hope this helps.  I think Chaz is right in the amount he used according to these findings.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I asked about the SPF and he told me 20. I mentioned that there will be people who will think that is not enough, that more is better. So, why did he only make it 20? He said when he talked with the chemists/laboratories who work with SPF, they told him there was no big benefit to going higher than 20. If I remember correctly, they also told him of the downside of going more than 20, that going over 20 can actually do damage to your skin. I don't recall the reason he gave me.  I figured he would do what is best for us. Perhaps you could ask him on periscope sometime. I won't be seeing him soon. 

@World Traveler  I am one of those people. Regardless of what his chemists told him (and I suspect a dermatolgist would have another opinion) spf 20 is definitely not enough for me.  I wouldn't use any less than spf 30 and often use spf 50.  I am fair skinned and burn easily.  Maybe if you have a darker complexion you can use spf 20 but I can't.

Honored Contributor

I have started to have medication induced rosace.  My dermatologist told me specifically NOT to use an SPF higher then 20 because of  the increased potential for irritation.

Will be watching for this in 613 - my fave!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He has also been working on a face cream that Cooper and Joanne have been testing for at least one year; probably longer. When I was there in May of last year, he mentioned how he has them put his product on one side of their face and then they put their favorite face cream on the other side. He said they were having positive results and there was definitely a difference on their skin. I am sure that product has Vitamin K and Arnica also. I thought that was going to be a Bella Spirit product, but I could be wrong on that. It may be a 613/319 product. Not sure.

He has also been working on a hair paste (like WEN Men's) that was supposed to be a Bella Spirit product. He used it on my hair last summer and I really thought he was going to have it presented in September 2018. When he didn't, at my next appointment I asked him about it, and he said no, that he had already revised it five times and was still tweaking it. And he also said that he would not introduce the hair paste before he had finished and presented the styling cream and mousse, which he has now presented and sold on QVC. So I expect that the paste should be coming out soon.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

He has also been working on a face cream that Cooper and Joanne have been testing for at least one year; probably longer. When I was there in May of last year, he mentioned how he has them put his product on one side of their face and then they put their favorite face cream on the other side. He said they were having positive results and there was definitely a difference on their skin. I am sure that product has Vitamin K and Arnica also. I thought that was going to be a Bella Spirit product, but I could be wrong on that. It may be a 613/319 product. Not sure.

He has also been working on a hair paste (like WEN Men's) that was supposed to be a Bella Spirit product. He used it on my hair last summer and I really thought he was going to have it presented in September 2018. When he didn't, at my next appointment I asked him about it, and he said no, that he had already revised it five times and was still tweaking it. And he also said that he would not introduce the hair paste before he had finished and presented the styling cream and mousse, which he has now presented and sold on QVC. So I expect that the paste should be coming out soon.

Hi World Traveler!  I was hoping for this face cream!  I have oily skin and I always use the NBTs on my face and head to toe and I love them!  If he offers this face cream, I'm in.  I did NOT know he was working on a hair paste.  I have the Wen Men one and the Sweet Almond Mint one and they both work nicely.  OH, he used this on you, did you like it?  I have the Bella Styling Creme and Mousse and for me they ARE game changers.  I usually would use one pump of styling creme but the Bella, I use two.  It's so different from the others, so light and does not weigh hair down.  I still love all the others though.  I usually just pick which one I want to use just by the scent.  I feel the 613 and 319 Styling Cremes are different too, the 319 stays on wait list, on the Q.  Twice I grabbed the duo when it was available and I added it into all my other styling cremes to bump them up!  The 613, I can actually feel it plumping my hair when I use that one!  The two things I'm hoping for are the Bella NBT to come to the Q and this face cream.  I'd like to have this curl cream if Chaz decides to continue with that.  I do remember Joanne and Dooters using it on half side of face from quite a while back!  The thing that really gets me is I feel like I have nothing in my hair!  Amazing!  I love the Vitamin K and Arnica too!!!!!  Great things coming our way!!!  When the sun block comes to the Q, I'm IN with that too!!!!  It'll be right up my alley!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  Thanks for posting this!  I'm bummed and kind of surprised that Chaz did a chemical sunscreen, especially with the Coral Reef situation...I googled the 1st 2 sunscreen ingredients listed. 😯👎 Most definitely a no go for me.