WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN Monthly Chat - November 2020

Aloha WENners!  I figured I should take a stab at starting us off on a new month.

TODAY is my 8 year WENneversary & I've never looked back!  I never knew I could have such great hair with so little effort!  Fig was my introduction to WEN.  What about y'all?  What was your introduction to WEN?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - November 2020

Thanks @SurferWife  Congrats on your 8 years!  Your hair is a true testimonial for WEN!! 

I actually saw Wen on an infomercial & had no idea what it was. I think it was only offered in the SAM..I struggled with it somewhat til I found it on the Q, watched Chaz & then it all clicked...lol

I can't imagine using anything else, plus the new products Chaz brings us just make using it better each year..

Heart

Regular Contributor

My introduction to WEN was after QVC dropped the Peter Coppla hair products.  While looking for a replacement line I spent some time watching Chaz and Michel DeCesare.  I tried some tips from Chaz (like applying my leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair) using my PC products and was so impressed that such simple things could improve my results.  Those simple changes gave me confidence in what Chaz was saying about the concept of cleansing conditioners.  I think my first WEN purchase was a TSV that included Tea Tree, Sweet Almond Mint and Fig.  

Honored Contributor

My first attempt at using WEN was a total bust.  

I had watched Chaz on the Q for a few years before I took the plunge and got that set of the 16oz originals that used to be available for a long time.  Each formula left my hair a mess and I ended up tossing all of them out.

I continued to watch and after another couple of years, I tried again.  I forget which formula I bought.  But it still didn't work well at all for me.  This time I was determined not to waste money by throwing any of it out.  When I finally got to the bottom of the bottle, in order to get the last bit out I added some additional water in the bottle to thin it out.  Voila!  My hair came out beautifully!  

I have fine hair.  I need a lot more additional water than the "splash" that is recommended.  It just took me a long time to figure that out!☺️

Esteemed Contributor

Happy wenniversary @ Surferwife!! My first introduction to Wen was the TT oil. I don’t remember what CC but I still remember after my first use “I will never use shampoo again”. I remember when Chaz first came having the smaller bottle (I think 6 oz) sets. Hunting For and watching his earlier shows got me through a very bad time in my life. I still remember his first show, when he walked out I swear I saw an aura around him. I called my daughter out and said “look at this guy , she was only about 10 or 11 at the time and sat on the couch like she was hypnotized listening to him.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Well, now that you have the hang of how to start a new month on WEN's monthly chat, we expect you to do it regularly! LOL!!!

Happy WENnerversary! Tea Tree and Lavender were my introduction to WEN, thanks to many of you who recommended it to me many years ago for my fine, limp, thinning hair. 

Been mixing up my daily use of the CC's and trying to do what Chaz does......mix them for completely different scent combinations. Gonna be a fun month doing that!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the products you purchased from Chaz's last visit. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geezerette Yes, yes, yes. Every time Chaz says to add a "splash" I just cringe. When I am in the shower I make sure I tilt my head back fully and have all the water running on my hair, then immediately put my couple of pumps in, mix it in, and tilt my head back once more (very quickly), and that makes the mixture just perfect for me!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Great story!  I think the "splash" of water has always been a bit misleading.  It's really "several splashes".  I have a rain shower shower head and I literally run my head through it quickly after applying my CC & it really does get nice & foamy!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

My first attempt at using WEN was a total bust.  

I had watched Chaz on the Q for a few years before I took the plunge and got that set of the 16oz originals that used to be available for a long time.  Each formula left my hair a mess and I ended up tossing all of them out.

I continued to watch and after another couple of years, I tried again.  I forget which formula I bought.  But it still didn't work well at all for me.  This time I was determined not to waste money by throwing any of it out.  When I finally got to the bottom of the bottle, in order to get the last bit out I added some additional water in the bottle to thin it out.  Voila!  My hair came out beautifully!  

I have fine hair.  I need a lot more additional water than the "splash" that is recommended.  It just took me a long time to figure that out!☺️

@geezerette 

This is me!  I pre-mix my Wen with water  before I even get in the shower to a creamy thinner texture...Truly made all the difference for me!..(very fine hair)

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife  congrats on your 8 year anniversay! 

Omg, I will never forget my first wen intro.  I purchased a 5 piece set

16oz each of the classics.  The first one I used was the SAM.

At that time my hair was a mess, crunchy/dry/damaged and couldn't

hold a curl.  Just one use, I couldn't stop running my fingers 

through my hair.  And today, 12 years later, I love my hair!!!