WEN

Contributor

I am missing the model, Amanda, in the Wen shows. My hair is styled similar to her pixie cut and I could relate to her experiences with the products. I saw her model on a Nick Chavez show & wondered why she made this change? Any insight? I really miss her participation in the Wen shows!

Honored Contributor

I have no idea why, but I also was surprised to see her on with Nick Chavez.  Since the WEN models supposedly only use WEN, I have to assume she will no longer be a model for that line.

Respected Contributor

My thoughts are it may have something to do with the length of her hair.  I love Amanda's hair and think it is flattering to her but have noticed most if not all of the WEN models have long hair. 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch WEN or N. Chavez, but wanted to take this opportunity (since Amanda is the topic) to compliment Amanda.  IMO she and Kate are the most professional models on Q.  They never behave foolishly, look beautiful in everything, and always wear sizes that fit them.  They are  an asset to QVC and a credit to their profession.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Model, Amanda

[ Edited ]

I have been missing Amanda, as lately I usually ask to have my hair cut like hers.

Sometime ago there was a thread about Joann, the model with gray/silver hair, who used to model for WEN and is now modeling for Chavez. I don't know if that is true, as I don't watch him unless he is on right before something else I want to see. I do see her on costmetic presentations once in a while.

One of the posters said Joann had originally been with Chavez, requested of Chaz to be his model, and then returned to Chavez. The thought was that Joann was not being used as much as the other models, and that perhaps Chavez asked her to return, promising to use her more than Chaz did, thus more money. "Use her more" evidently was based upon that poster seeing Joann a lot more on Chavez than Chaz's presentations.

If that is true, perhaps Amanda experienced the same thing, as I agree with one of the posters that maybe Chaz prefers the models with longer hair.

Otherwise, I just can't imagine why anyone would go from WEN to Chavez. I used his products prior to using WEN. Although they worked fine as far as cleansing, the overall effects I am getting with WEN far outperform anything I received from Chavez's products.

I am sorry to see that models with short hair like mine are not being shown more, except for Kat's son once in a while. One could come away with the feeling that only people with long hair benefit from WEN.

I do suspect, however, that if Amanda has moved over to Chavez for good, she is still probably using Chaz's skin care lline, like the body treatments, probably the new lip products, etc.  Unless, of course, Chavez has those type of items too.

Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I don't watch WEN or N. Chavez, but wanted to take this opportunity (since Amanda is the topic) to compliment Amanda.  IMO she and Kate are the most professional models on Q.  They never behave foolishly, look beautiful in everything, and always wear sizes that fit them.  They are  an asset to QVC and a credit to their profession.

I agree. Amanda is one of my favorite models on the Q!

Trusted Contributor

interesting because she has been a WEN models for many years.  I agree that shorter hair models are nice to see.  Mine isn't long and none of the models have hair like mine.  Roseanne is the closest, though I am not as curly.  I do believe @World Traveler has another question to add to her list😜😀

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo

@Suebdoo wrote:

interesting because she has been a WEN models for many years.  I agree that shorter hair models are nice to see.  Mine isn't long and none of the models have hair like mine.  Roseanne is the closest, though I am not as curly.  @I do believe @World Traveler has another question to add to her list😜😀

Already down! ha!

Respected Contributor

I see her ALOT modeling clothes.  She may have other obligations.  Sometimes, when I'm interested in a garment and I look on line, she's modeling it!