WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN Gallons Coming!

[ Edited ]

Per Chaz:

WEN Gallon SALE is coming Tuesday, May 18th, 20214am PST. / 7am EST. on QVC with Elise Ivy...Get Ready Gorgeous!

Tell a friend. Don’t miss out.

This year we have the most choices of Gallons ever in history (49 choices) between on air and online. See you in less then 32 hours.

Gallons.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons Coming!

[ Edited ]

Hello~I have a question for all the Wen devotees ~ regarding the summer Replenishing Mists..

I recently bought the Tweak'd TSV replenishing mist, as I was running out of my Wen SAM replenishing mist, and had always liked Dennis' products..it was a good value, sounded like nice fragrance. I also was disappointed that Chaz had stopped making the 12 oz mists, charging much more for less with the 6 oz ones.

But long story short...on the fence with the Tweak'd product and was searching for a new Wen replenisher instead. The Tweak'd fragrance is overpowering, and smells much less natural, and more chemical than Wen. I see the set of two Wen 6 oz. mists in Summer fragrances.

I am leaning toward the Tropical one. I'm a little gunshy, having just smelled "Tropical overload" with Tweak'd "Frangipani." But I don't want citrus or too sweet. I was hoping for a light, more natural tropical summer fragrance...not overly floral...is this how the Wen Tropical is? Or else which do you like and why?

Question~Any recommendations and descriptions of Chaz's Summer Mists??

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

@amyb   I have used the Wen replenishing mists for years.  Love the lilac.  But...it is just too expensive now.  I ordered the tweaked Above the Clouds and like it.  There is not too much fragrance.  Plus it is slightly volumizing.  I'll just use this for now until Wen has an affordable offer.  I prefer the 12oz bottle as well.   

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Hello~I have a question for all the Wen devotees ~ regarding the summer Replenishing Mists..

I recently bought the Tweak'd TSV replenishing mist, as I was running out of my Wen SAM replenishing mist, and had always liked Dennis' products..it was a good value, sounded like nice fragrance. I also was disappointed that Chaz had stopped making the 12 oz mists, charging much more for less with the 6 oz ones.

But long story short...on the fence with the Tweak'd product and was searching for a new Wen replenisher instead. The Tweak'd fragrance is overpowering, and smells much less natural, and more chemical than Wen. I see the set of two Wen 6 oz. mists in Summer fragrances.

I am leaning toward the Tropical one. I'm a little gunshy, having just smelled "Tropical overload" with Tweak'd "Frangipani." But I don't want citrus or too sweet. I was hoping for a light, more natural tropical summer fragrance...not overly floral...is this how the Wen Tropical is? Or else which do you like and why?

Question~Any recommendations and descriptions of Chaz's Summer Mists??

TIA

@amyb 

A392277  Is a 12 oz mist...In the selctions available on it I would pick either "pear" scent...(I am not a floral person)  Chaz will be on air as mentioned above (so prices usually go down a bit) also there might be more selections available.

(the Summer Melon Mint) is just wonderful if it is added..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons Coming!

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@amyb   I have used the Wen replenishing mists for years.  Love the lilac.  But...it is just too expensive now.  I ordered the tweaked Above the Clouds and like it.  There is not too much fragrance.  Plus it is slightly volumizing.  I'll just use this for now until Wen has an affordable offer.  I prefer the 12oz bottle as well.   

Thank you @Mombo1 for the good feedback. Maybe I should just swap out my fragrance...though I will say I got a little more used to it, and it does give you volume that Chaz's doesn't. That said..it also leaves more residue than the lightness of Wen's which didn't leave any, to me.

I'm wondering about above the clouds...people said it smelled like baby powder, which is a nice smell most people like...but it made me think of Philosophy Baby Grace, which I got years ago, (and I like most Philosophy fragrances...that was the only one I ever returned) and it was so cloying, like too soapy, or something. Given that the Frangapani Tweak'd smelled so heavy/non-natural...I worried they all would have underlying ingredients that made them overbearing. I know you already said it's not too much fragrance...can you describe it?? I think I may do that..swap and hope that one day Chaz has 12 oz again at a good buy.

Regular Contributor

I could never use Wen mist.  For some reason it never worked on my hair but I love it to resfresh my face when I am not.

I ordered the Tweak'd Tribal Chocolate scent when it was a TS on HSN. I like it only because it reminds me of Ojon.  This time I had ordered the  Frangipani scent but changed it to the Vanilla Amber.  So glad I did.  The smell dissapates really quick but my hair is so much more soft and more manageable.  

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Per Chaz:

WEN Gallon SALE is coming Tuesday, May 18th, 20214am PST. / 7am EST. on QVC with Elise Ivy...Get Ready Gorgeous!

Tell a friend. Don’t miss out.

This year we have the most choices of Gallons ever in history (49 choices) between on air and online. See you in less then 32 hours.

Gallons.jpg

@World Traveler 

Thank you for the info & love the pic!  

Respected Contributor

@nekodaisy wrote:

I could never use Wen mist.  For some reason it never worked on my hair but I love it to resfresh my face when I am not.

I ordered the Tweak'd Tribal Chocolate scent when it was a TS on HSN. I like it only because it reminds me of Ojon.  This time I had ordered the  Frangipani scent but changed it to the Vanilla Amber.  So glad I did.  The smell dissapates really quick but my hair is so much more soft and more manageable.  

Thanks for info @nekodaisy 

Amber Vanilla would have been my first choice, usually...and of course now they are out of it so I can't exchange for that...but I was really wanting a summery fragrance and felt Frangipani was going to be just that...lightly tropical, with undertones of vanilla/coconut, like they described it! However it's all floral and I smell no vanilla/coconut at all, not even as a back note...usually vanilla/cocunut will soften a floral. Like I said...this was more heavy floral with a heavy undertone of chemicals, to me.

I just washed my hair today, with some other new products, and used the Tweak'd differently. First time I tried it was to refresh my several days old dry hair (I only have to shampoo once or twice a week)...I sometimes spritz the top and front and then put in a few rollers while getting ready to give it new lift. It was heavy smell, residue that way to me. Today I spritzed it on the ends of my wet hair and scrunched. Smell isn't as overpowering this way and we'll see how it comes, because it DID give my hair body. It was the smell and residue feeling I didn't like on dry hair.

Whew...that was a lot of explanation. I may still swap for Above the Clouds or if I see Amber Vanilla come back. Does AV smell like Ojon or has it's own Vanilla smell?

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Starting the gallon 'month' early this year! 👏

I'm ready! 👍

Trusted Contributor

@amyb   I just sprayed the mist on my hand.  I don't smell baby powder..more like a very light cotton smell.  Just clean and fresh...very light fragrance...hardly noticeable.

I don't feel any residue at all....
I agree with you on Baby Grace...just too overwhelming.  I have always used the Pure Grace.  
IF Wen has a great offer on the Lilac replenishing mist...I might get it again because it is seasonal and my all time favorite.   My little granddaughters love when I spray their hair with it.  But again...the price would have to be right.