WEN

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

Ok, I still didn't end until early this morning...I had the WWC oil in my cart, kept waiting as I really just wanted the oil, I forgot to hit buy, called CS and still got free shipping! 

I wish I could move next door to the Blonde Maria's house, and see exaclty what she does to her hair everyday!  I know she has Chaz, but not all the time, her hair is so awsome...Smiley Happy

Chaz often talks about her going out with the oils in her hair. It seems most of the girls use the oils very often.

I could never go out with the oils in my hair but I've been working at home more often lately and since I cleanse every day I've been doing overnight oil treatments every night.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the description of the WRC.  I did not hit it off with the cranberry and am looking forward to this!  

I purchased the styling set, and the oil.  I've learned, FINALLY, not to purchase a gallon of CC until I have had a whiff!  Then I start with a 16oz CC because my hair has a mind of it's own about them.  It accepts most styling products with grace, but CC, not so much.

Can't wait for everyone's goodies to arrive!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I may have missed one of you mentioning this and apologize if I am repeating something already discussed. I'm not on this forum as much as I used to be.

I thought I read somewhere that the models for Chaz sign something that says they will not use any other product but WEN. This ensures integrity when he states that nothing but WEN as been on their hair since such and such a time (and he gives the date).

Within the last week a Nick Chavez presentation came on, and as I walked by the TV I recognized Joanne, the lady with silver/gray hair like mine. He was using some sort of spray on her. She has been with Chaz for around 6-12 months, I believe. I didn't see her on December 9 and just thought maybe she was sick or had some vacation time. And he had a couple of new gals for his presentations.

Did I miss something? Has she stopped being a model for Chaz? I would be sorry to hear that because she represents those of us with gray/white hair, and certainly shows how well WEN can work on hair that is normally hard to deal with because of the loss of natural color.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows why she was with NC and not with Chaz.

Thanks for any info you may wish to share on this.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

I noticed the same thing. She used to be a Nick Chavez model, then suddenly she was one of Chaz's models. I assume she went back to Nick as I don't see how she could be working for both at the same time. Kind of strange.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @HSB1204. I wasn't aware she used to be with Chavez.

I was kind of gagging when I saw how much spray NC was putting on her hair and the other models. Since I don't use hairspray anymore (just Chaz's light volumizing mist), I forgot how I used to have to close my eyes and run thru the house to get away from the aftermath of all the hairspray I needed to put on. In fact, one of the hairsprays I used was NC's. The presentation brought back ugly memories. 

So, so glad you all educated me on Chaz's products over the past 18 months and I don't have to use regular hairspray anymore! YAY!!!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I may have missed one of you mentioning this and apologize if I am repeating something already discussed. I'm not on this forum as much as I used to be.

I thought I read somewhere that the models for Chaz sign something that says they will not use any other product but WEN. This ensures integrity when he states that nothing but WEN as been on their hair since such and such a time (and he gives the date).

Within the last week a Nick Chavez presentation came on, and as I walked by the TV I recognized Joanne, the lady with silver/gray hair like mine. He was using some sort of spray on her. She has been with Chaz for around 6-12 months, I believe. I didn't see her on December 9 and just thought maybe she was sick or had some vacation time. And he had a couple of new gals for his presentations.

Did I miss something? Has she stopped being a model for Chaz? I would be sorry to hear that because she represents those of us with gray/white hair, and certainly shows how well WEN can work on hair that is normally hard to deal with because of the loss of natural color.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows why she was with NC and not with Chaz.

Thanks for any info you may wish to share on this.

Yes, Chaz mentioned this on Periscope bc someone noticed and asked him. She was with NC and used Wen and loved it. She then asked Chaz if she could become a wen model. Now, just recently, she has gone back. She'll come to her senses! Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN December Chat

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom Yes, I agree. She will realize that Chaz's products were better for her hair. We gray/white hair gals need to be extra kind to our hair. My hair looks better (softer, shinier, more natural highlights) than many of my coworkers who are much younger.

I believe she gets more time on the camera with NC than Chaz. Chaz likes to show as many types of hair he can in each presentation, and the few times I have seen NC, it seems like he only has two or three models in a presentation. Could be wrong on that. 

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom Yes, I agree. She will realize that Chaz's products were better for her hair. We gray/white hair gals need to be extra kind to our hair. My hair looks better (softer, shinier, more natural highlights) than many of my coworkers who are much younger.

I believe she gets more time on the camera with NC than Chaz. Chaz likes to show as many types of hair he can in each presentation, and the few times I have seen NC, it seems like he only has two or three models in a presentation. Could be wrong on that. 

@World Traveler   What CC formula do you find is best for your hair?  I'm starting to let my white/gray roots grow in and have stopped coloring (tried once before, unsuccessfully), and I've read on another thread and also other forums that Tea Tree seems to be the best.  I use most of the cc's, but would use more of the Tea Tree if it works the best for white/gray hair.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I think I saw that video with NC. He was using some sort of hair spray on Joanne. My goodness he likes some big hair!! Smiley Happy Not a criticism of him. I'm just not used to it anymore since I barely use hairspray now.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN December Chat

[ Edited ]

@qtrmoonlady1 In response to your question, I wash my hair almost every day because it is thin, straight, etc. It is always flat in the morning, no matter how I styled it the day before. So I always use Tea Tree for the first cleanse. Not only was it what the forum gals suggested when I described my hair, it is also what Chaz told me to do when I went to his salon last March.  He did not say why (like, because you have gray thinning hair, etc.). I find TT does an excellent job of curing whatever ails my hair/scalp, and definitely does a great job of cleaning.

For the second cleanse, Chaz wanted me to use 613, but I told him although I like 613, I really like the seasonals, using a different one every time I wash (mango coconut, vanilla mint, ginger pumpkin, white citrus, kids watermelon and strawberry/banana). It's like a spa experience for me. He told me it was great that I was using the seasonals, but wanted me to at least mix in the 613 each time I used them or 613 alone for my second cleanse. Am assuming it has to do with the protein in 613, as to why he is urging me to use it.

He also told me to make sure to use the oil every night before the day I cleanse. So I use TT oil at least five nights a week and the TT remoist once a week.

I had a balding area on top of my head prior to using WEN, so when I first used TT before trying any of the seasonals, the thinning definitely stopped. I credit all of that to the TT. Chaz took a picture of the area and said he wanted to take another picture in a year (this coming spring). That area is filling in nicely now. 

What I had forgotten about was how much hair I used to have on my brushes before using WEN. I always had to take lots of hair out of the bristles. Not that long ago, it dawned on me that I rarely have to take hair out of the brush. A little every once in a while. They say it is natural to lose some hair, but I find very few in my brush when I get ready to clean it. And the brush itself is not that dirty anymore. Not using hairspray has helped lessen the need to clean my brush often.

Hope this helps; if not, let me know if you have any more questions.