WEN

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom...WHAT?! Something gives FAS a run for it's money?! (BTW...my stash is serious, too!) SCB is one I decided NOT to buy but after hearing this, you may have just changed my mind. Thanks for bringing this up!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@SurferWife I hope the LAV works out beautifully for you. This was the very first formula I started with. My hair was waist length. The results were noticeably remarkable. Shampoo had been drying, and two cleanses left my hair very well moisturized, plump with volume, beautiful waves and tangle free. Intoxicating fragrance. I was in heaven. I still use it plus POM from the cores and the plethora of seasonals to boot. My wish is for everyone to have such good results with their Wen. 

@rochelleS...I received my LAV a few days ago and have used it twice.  From my first two uses all I can say is I wish I would have tried this formula sooner!  From reading some of the replies on this thread, I was concerned it would be drying; however, (at least after the first 2 uses) it is NOT drying at all.  My hair feels very soft and hydrated to the touch, even today on my non-cleanse day.  Secondly, my curly hair responds to it similarly to the way it responds to FALL APPLE SPICE...the greatest curly hair CC ever invented!  WOW, I haven't even paired them up yet, but I'm going to.  Imagine how awesomly fabulous that pairing will be!

Both days I used LAV for first cleanse & FGP for second cleanse (I was finishing up the bottle to make room for Spring/Summer scents in my shower).  I will try it next with SHL.

Summary...LAV gets 5 stars!  I hope it stays the same over the long haul and doesn't end up becoming drying like others have stated. I bought the 32 oz., so I will be able to give it a really good test.  We'll see how it goes.  I always have my FIG if LAV ends up being too drying down the road.

ALOHA WENNERS!

@SurferWife I agree that FAS is the greatest curly hair CC ever invented. (My huge FAS stash is proof of that. LOL!) Although I do actually lean more toward wavy/curly, not all-over curly which I believe you are. I didn't have good luck with LAV for my hair, would be drying after awhile. But, in saying that, and bringing up FAS, I was wondering if you've tried the new SCB? I have found it's fantastic for my hair, as actually is giving my FAS a run for it's money. I dare say it MAY be it's equal?!? What?!?! 🙊 I have yet to have a bad hair day when using it as my 2nd cleanse and leave-in. Curious if you have tried it and experienced the same?

@SurferWife 

I'm delighted to hear the LAV works so well for . I do not think you'll experience any disappointment with ongoing continued use. Its been tried and true and rock steady since day one. 

I am not a curly girl. Prior to Wen my hair was poker straight. My first-time use dried wavy. I was dumbfounded but ecstatic to say the least. I've since cut and donated my hair twice in four years. It's now past my jaw and I must chime in with @AmericanBulldogMom and praise the new SCB. This seemingly lighter CC rocked my hair with beautiful waves. Oh my, I'm a happy girl! I just ordered the 32oz. Don't want to run out. I did get alot of curl around my face with the new fall VWP too. I honestly don't recall a change in texture with the FAS but you betcha I'm going to get that out for a cleanse pronto.

But don't let the Cherry Blossom slide under your radar. I think you will have another very pleasant surprise coming with that CC. 

Enjoy your new Lavender! Your 5 star review says it all!!!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@SurferWife I hope the LAV works out beautifully for you. This was the very first formula I started with. My hair was waist length. The results were noticeably remarkable. Shampoo had been drying, and two cleanses left my hair very well moisturized, plump with volume, beautiful waves and tangle free. Intoxicating fragrance. I was in heaven. I still use it plus POM from the cores and the plethora of seasonals to boot. My wish is for everyone to have such good results with their Wen. 

@rochelleS...I received my LAV a few days ago and have used it twice.  From my first two uses all I can say is I wish I would have tried this formula sooner!  From reading some of the replies on this thread, I was concerned it would be drying; however, (at least after the first 2 uses) it is NOT drying at all.  My hair feels very soft and hydrated to the touch, even today on my non-cleanse day.  Secondly, my curly hair responds to it similarly to the way it responds to FALL APPLE SPICE...the greatest curly hair CC ever invented!  WOW, I haven't even paired them up yet, but I'm going to.  Imagine how awesomly fabulous that pairing will be!

Both days I used LAV for first cleanse & FGP for second cleanse (I was finishing up the bottle to make room for Spring/Summer scents in my shower).  I will try it next with SHL.

Summary...LAV gets 5 stars!  I hope it stays the same over the long haul and doesn't end up becoming drying like others have stated. I bought the 32 oz., so I will be able to give it a really good test.  We'll see how it goes.  I always have my FIG if LAV ends up being too drying down the road.

ALOHA WENNERS!

@SurferWife I agree that FAS is the greatest curly hair CC ever invented. (My huge FAS stash is proof of that. LOL!) Although I do actually lean more toward wavy/curly, not all-over curly which I believe you are. I didn't have good luck with LAV for my hair, would be drying after awhile. But, in saying that, and bringing up FAS, I was wondering if you've tried the new SCB? I have found it's fantastic for my hair, as actually is giving my FAS a run for it's money. I dare say it MAY be it's equal?!? What?!?! 🙊 I have yet to have a bad hair day when using it as my 2nd cleanse and leave-in. Curious if you have tried it and experienced the same?

@SurferWife 

I'm delighted to hear the LAV works so well for . I do not think you'll experience any disappointment with ongoing continued use. Its been tried and true and rock steady since day one. 

I am not a curly girl. Prior to Wen my hair was poker straight. My first-time use dried wavy. I was dumbfounded but ecstatic to say the least. I've since cut and donated my hair twice in four years. It's now past my jaw and I must chime in with @AmericanBulldogMom and praise the new SCB. This seemingly lighter CC rocked my hair with beautiful waves. Oh my, I'm a happy girl! I just ordered the 32oz. Don't want to run out. I did get alot of curl around my face with the new fall VWP too. I honestly don't recall a change in texture with the FAS but you betcha I'm going to get that out for a cleanse pronto.

But don't let the Cherry Blossom slide under your radar. I think you will have another very pleasant surprise coming with that CC. 

Enjoy your new Lavender! Your 5 star review says it all!!!

Thanks for the back up on the SCB CC @rochelleS!! LOL! It's definitely a winner and I too don't want to run out so I have upped my AD's of it. (Oh, and definitely bring that FAS out of retirement!!😉)

Esteemed Contributor

I wil!l @AmericanBulldogMom I will definitely pull out my FAS. Tks. But wasn't the SCB a surprise? The formula is lighter to me, easy to use, ie easy to froth and rinse. Softly fragranced...wouldn't mind a tad more cherry but WOW definitely superior, way past above average results for me.  Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry at how much I enjoy using Wen. 

As I'd stated,  I've gone from very long to much shorter hair now. I see much better results with the various styling products and believe me a whole lot easier to use. My ultimate length will be to my sholder. Lots of options available at that length. I am still getting used to doing my hair as opposed to just tying it up and away from my face. Work in progress over here.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

I wil!l @AmericanBulldogMom I will definitely pull out my FAS. Tks. But wasn't the SCB a surprise? The formula is lighter to me, easy to use, ie easy to froth and rinse. Softly fragranced...wouldn't mind a tad more cherry but WOW definitely superior, way past above average results for me.  Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry at how much I enjoy using Wen. 

As I'd stated,  I've gone from very long to much shorter hair now. I see much better results with the various styling products and believe me a whole lot easier to use. My ultimate length will be to my sholder. Lots of options available at that length. I am still getting used to doing my hair as opposed to just tying it up and away from my face. Work in progress over here.

@rochelleS Yes, everything you said about SCB is true. It is very light feeling, but is just perfect.  I also wish the cherry smell was a little stronger, but it's a really nice light scent. I even wound up ordering the 3 pc styling kit in the SCB to see if I could get a little stronger scent, but sadly, no luck really.  In saying that though, I love the SCB SC and mousse, they perform great on my hair. Chaz really outdid himself with the SCB. I think I could use only FAS and SCB on my hair from here on out and I'd be more than satisfied!! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom

I had both of the SCB ODO's on check when offered but ended up not purchasing as my AD (fall) with the Cherry Blossom had barely arrived with enough time to try it. I would like to have the SC and RTM and mousse in one kit. Would've had to purchase two separate kits to get these at that time. 

Can you or anyone else suggest something else that plays well with the Cherry Blossom?  

I usually fall back on 319 styling products yet am open and love hearing how creative everyone is. What about the Winter Red Currant?  Or does that dominate too much? I'm all ears...thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom

I had both of the SCB ODO's on check when offered but ended up not purchasing as my AD (fall) with the Cherry Blossom had barely arrived with enough time to try it. I would like to have the SC and RTM and mousse in one kit. Would've had to purchase two separate kits to get these at that time. 

Can you or anyone else suggest something else that plays well with the Cherry Blossom?  

I usually fall back on 319 styling products yet am open and love hearing how creative everyone is. What about the Winter Red Currant?  Or does that dominate too much? I'm all ears...thanks so much!

@rochelleS I hear ya on wanting the SCB SC, RTM and mousse in one kit. At the time the RTM duo's were available I really didn't expect to like the SCB scent. So I don't have it in the RTM and am really kicking myself now of course. Before getting the SCB SC and mousse I was using both in 319 stylers and they performed well - I just really ordered the SCB stylers to try and get a stronger scent, but they are just as lightly scented as the CC. As for the WRC, I have not tried them together (the CC's) and I do not have the WRC stylers. I am not really a mixer, but I have had great results using FAS for one cleanse and SCB as another. No surprise there I am sure. 😉 Oh, 613 stylers work exactly as 319 stylers for me too btw. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom

Thank you! I'll keep my eyes open and just keep playing around, maybe stumbling unto something in my stash...

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN April Chat 2017

[ Edited ]

Drythe just started the Sad News For the WEN Family thread because Cooper's Dad just passed away. -- I'm just sending out a notification to some of the long time Wenners to make sure they know about it, but well wishes from everyone will be appreciated I'm sure. *s*

bebe

___

@AlohaSun @ANewHue @BackwoodsBarbie @Brdwygurl @Chefgal411 @ChynnaBlue @Diva1Donna @FleaMktQn @geezerette @HappyDaze @Hilary77 @HSB1204 @Ibby114 @icezeus @islandgrrl @jaxs mom @jennys kid @kjae @Kjelle @Laura14 @LIndaMJ @Luvitorleaveit1 @millieshops @Mirage08 @nikki48 @Ilovelife123 @NycVixen @quadmimi @RespectLife @RipleyGirl @rochelleS @RunnerMom @sailor_moon @Serenagrace @SFGIANTSGIRL @simollie @sonechko @Suebdoo @sueinsf @SurferWife @Suz585 @Susan25 @Thia-Winter @Tribesters @untitled @VaBelle35 @vermint @Wen_Woman 

___

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN April Chat 2017

[ Edited ]

Drythe just started the Sad News For the WEN Family thread because Cooper's Dad just passed away. -- I'm just sending out a notification to some of the long time Wenners to make sure they know about it, but well wishes from everyone will be appreciated I'm sure. *s*

bebe

___

@woodyend @77yangya @yisbuff2-- @Denise from Canada -- @lyn in MI -- @Mary Bailey --

___