WEN

Regular Contributor

Re: Using Seasonal CCs

[ Edited ]

Souperkeys,

I use my CC's on my scalp for both cleanses but only on my hair for my leave-in.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

I am new to Wen since this past spring. So far I have some core CCs and spring and summer seasonals. I have been trying to figure out what works best for me and what I've found the best so far is using Lavender, TT or SAM for my first quick cleanse (scalp and hair) and then a seasonal for my 2nd cleanse, but I don't use it on my scalp, just my hair and leave it in longer to condition my hair.

My hair is in pretty good condition, but is straight, slightly dry, thin and flat, it mostly needs body and some moisture.

I know a lot of people here use 613 or 319 as a mixer and I'm very excited to try these, just waiting for a good kit or ODO Smiley Happy 

Do most of you apply your 2nd cleanse to your scalp as well? Do you find that works well for you and is it recommended to do this? 

Yes, I work both 1st & 2nd cleanse, and 1st & 2nd rinse 
starting at the scalp, finishing at the ends to get a good cleaning.

But it took me awhile to wise up and apply leave-in, mousse etc starting from the ends and stopping before I reach the scalp.

For me, nothing goes on the scalp after 2nd rinse. 

Honored Contributor

@Souperkrys...I have short hair so it's hard to not cleanse my scalp on my second cleanse. I think most of the ladies with longer hair do a second cleanse from the nape down. Perhaps one of them may chime I here.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

I am new to Wen since this past spring. So far I have some core CCs and spring and summer seasonals. I have been trying to figure out what works best for me and what I've found the best so far is using Lavender, TT or SAM for my first quick cleanse (scalp and hair) and then a seasonal for my 2nd cleanse, but I don't use it on my scalp, just my hair and leave it in longer to condition my hair.

My hair is in pretty good condition, but is straight, slightly dry, thin and flat, it mostly needs body and some moisture.

I know a lot of people here use 613 or 319 as a mixer and I'm very excited to try these, just waiting for a good kit or ODO Smiley Happy 

Do most of you apply your 2nd cleanse to your scalp as well? Do you find that works well for you and is it recommended to do this? 

@Souperkrys I believe it is recommended to cleanse the scalp and hair for both cleanses.  That's what I have always done although I have never heard this issue brought up.  Is there a particular reason you don't want to cleanse your scalp the second time?  Just wondering if I have been doing it wrong.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife, my hair's mid-back, below my shoulderblades. If I Wenwashed daily one cleanse to the scalp might be enough. But I usually go 3 days-up to a week between cleanses, so I always cleanse scalp twice  (occasionally 3 times).

Occasional Contributor

Hello Wenners:

I'm a Wen Girl for 6 years now! Always reading posts, but i never respond, why, I don't know. 

Anyway, i've got nauturally wavy hair down to mid back (bra strap). I mix my seasonals, only summer & fall with my classic fig. I use 1 golf ball size of fig and equivalent of 1 golf ball size of the seasonals for each cleanse, which I do 2, followed by 1 pump leave in with 4 drops of oil and 2 of SGS, folowed by 1 pump styling cream with 4 drops oil and 2 pumps SGS, followed by 10 pumps mousse on crown and  10 pumps on lenght and I cleans 3 times per week. I just this year started using the seasonal mousse which are much more cost efficient than the classic mousse. Absolutely love the results I get from SHP, STP, but most of all i absolutely love the FVWP. 

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Have a Wennerful Day!

Honored Contributor

I absolutely apply CC to my scalp for both cleanses, but my hair is thick and longer. The few times I've tried only using one cleanse on my scalp my hair didn't stay clean as long. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@TraLyn...thanks for your input! I'm going to start mixing seasonals for both cleanses for a while to see how my hair responds. I have short wavy/curly hair and my curls respond well to the seasonals. Aloha!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Oh wow @TraLyn you must have alot of hair!...Thanks for sharing your routine, I have baby fine thin wavy hair, so I can only use a fraction of what you do. Love to hear what other Wen users do!...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for all these great responses! I am still learning how to use my Wen properly Smiley Happy When I used to use conditioner I would just apply it to my hair only and not my scalp (my hair is just past my shoulders, straight, flat and fine), so that it wouldn't weigh it down, so I just "assumed" that I shouldn't put my 2nd cleanse on my scalp so that it doesn't weight it down. I can't use much leave in Wen either, just a tiny amount, or I feel It gets heavy and weighed down. I wash frequently, every day to 2 days max because I love cleansing with Wen so much! Plus I can't stand if my hair is remotely dirty or doesn't smell clean. 

I appreciated the post that said they make sure to cleanse their scalp in their 2nd cleanse or their hair doesn't stay as clean, that is a very good point and a good reason to cleanse the scalp twice. Do you find that really helps to keep your hair clean so you don't have to cleanse as much? 

I also love the thought of using the oil with some leave in, to seal my dry ends, just a tiny amount though to not weigh my flat hair down. 

What do you all find the best to give your hair more body? That is my main hair concern. I am hoping to try 613/319 as soon as there is any kind of deal on, do you find it helps give fine hair body? My hair is healthy, but slightly dry at the ends from color.