WEN

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I have a question. During Chaz's last visit, while demonstrating the oils he asked 'Wendy" how often does she use the oils. Wendy replied every day. I believe that she even said two or three times a day. I love her curls, so I have incorporated this practice into my routine. However, it contradicts what I have heard Chaz say and what it seems that most of the WEN ladies are doing. It seems that you always cleanse your hair the next day after an oil treatment. I can guarantee you that Wendy is not cleansing her hair every day and neither am I. I want to make sure that I will not be damaging my hair by following this routine.

@icezeus A lot of times I think the advice assumes what you need to do with Caucasian hair. I was using TT oil every other night. I only cleanse every 4 days. Then on Periscope Chaz said I could step it up to every night and also on my ends, because I was looking for mega growth and going to see him next fall. So I did this. These are not full overnight treatments. I am only putting on a little. Otherwise, I would have no style. With AA hair we can just leave in the oil. And it worked- a lot more growth and my hair coming in thicker in the last eight weeks. I just got a relaxer touch up yesterday so I could tell.

@Kjelle and @icezeus I was really glad when Chaz added more Afro-American models in his shows. From my perspective, it just made sense to have a cross section of Wen gals and guys. 

But from reading your comments about how Wendy uses her Wen products, his decision was even more important because different hair types use hair care products in different ways. Yeah, I know this... but it's so easy to forget. 

Some years back, I remember listening to the Oprah Winfrey show episode that dealt with Afro-American hair issues. Chris Rock had just done a comedic documentary on this. I was really surprised to find out how some of our hair issues were. lol, it was a real eye opener. 

I'm surprised that Chaz hasn't added an Asian model to his roster. He does have a multi-ethnic model who (I think) is part Filipino but it would be nice to have an Asian model because, from what I've read, they have a different set of hair issues as well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I have a question. During Chaz's last visit, while demonstrating the oils he asked 'Wendy" how often does she use the oils. Wendy replied every day. I believe that she even said two or three times a day. I love her curls, so I have incorporated this practice into my routine. However, it contradicts what I have heard Chaz say and what it seems that most of the WEN ladies are doing. It seems that you always cleanse your hair the next day after an oil treatment. I can guarantee you that Wendy is not cleansing her hair every day and neither am I. I want to make sure that I will not be damaging my hair by following this routine.

@icezeus A lot of times I think the advice assumes what you need to do with Caucasian hair. I was using TT oil every other night. I only cleanse every 4 days. Then on Periscope Chaz said I could step it up to every night and also on my ends, because I was looking for mega growth and going to see him next fall. So I did this. These are not full overnight treatments. I am only putting on a little. Otherwise, I would have no style. With AA hair we can just leave in the oil. And it worked- a lot more growth and my hair coming in thicker in the last eight weeks. I just got a relaxer touch up yesterday so I could tell.

@Kjelle and @icezeus I was really glad when Chaz added more Afro-American models in his shows. From my perspective, it just made sense to have a cross section of Wen gals and guys. 

But from reading your comments about how Wendy uses her Wen products, his decision was even more important because different hair types use hair care products in different ways. Yeah, I know this... but it's so easy to forget. 

Some years back, I remember listening to the Oprah Winfrey show episode that dealt with Afro-American hair issues. Chris Rock had just done a comedic documentary on this. I was really surprised to find out how some of our hair issues were. lol, it was a real eye opener. 

I'm surprised that Chaz hasn't added an Asian model to his roster. He does have a multi-ethnic model who (I think) is part Filipino but it would be nice to have an Asian model because, from what I've read, they have a different set of hair issues as well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I agree because I don't know specifically what issues there are with Asian hair. I thought it was interesting that the only WEN-using salon Chaz acknowledges is Naoko's salon Taka in LA. They hinted that the salon existed specifically to take care of Asian hair. We have a stereotype that all Asian hair is thick and straight, and therefore the only issue could be getting a curl to stay but I know that's not true. Chaz does much better at having a diverse set of models that are not just used as window dressing than anyone else I have seen, though.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I agree because I don't know specifically what issues there are with Asian hair. I thought it was interesting that the only WEN-using salon Chaz acknowledges is Naoko's salon Taka in LA. They hinted that the salon existed specifically to take care of Asian hair. We have a stereotype that all Asian hair is thick and straight, and therefore the only issue could be getting a curl to stay but I know that's not true. Chaz does much better at having a diverse set of models that are not just used as window dressing than anyone else I have seen, though.

Great points bebe and Kjelle! One of my brothers is Asian (Filipino), and his hair is incredibly thick, curly, and coarse! The same was true of one of my dear friends growing up who is 100% Japanese. She has glorious hair which is extremely coarse, dry, and curly. I happen to have a lot of biracial and multiracial friends, so it is really interesting and fun to talk about all that we do with our various hair types! I'm glad Chaz is addressing all kinds of hair (and has in his infomercials).