WEN

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone, if you had to rank 613, MIF and BGT, what would be your order of preference? I'd love to hear your thoughts since it may help me decide which to get in a gallon size. I'm currently considering getting MIF since I have half a gallon of 613 left.

Respected Contributor

I love them all but my favorite is MIF then BGT then 613

Respected Contributor

MIF & BGT are my main uses...I love the Seasonal's but always use these 2...

I mix them together, but if I was getting a gallon, I would get the MIF...It has a bit more moisture for my hair...

613 is great for a mix in on occasion, but I would not get a gallon of it, BUT if Chaz had a gallon of 613 Styling Creme, then I would have to think about that...

I hope Chaz expands the bamboo/rice line even further as time goes on...Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I love BGT most. I also love the scent of 613, but rarely use on its own so it is hard for me to rank that way. I use it as an added boost mixed in with other CCs and it is fabulous on my hair. I like the performance of MIF but do not care for the cedar notes in the scent, but my son loves the stuff and it does very well on his loose curls. 

Regular Contributor

From what I've seen, I think a lot of people like MIF. I feel like 613 as an occasional cleanse works the best for me but I just can't use it that often so MIF may be the better choice. I actually prefer the MIF scent over the BGT.

Frequent Contributor

My fave is the MIF, it performs the best for me and I always mix a bit of 613 with all my cc and wouldn't be without either one. MIF is also my favorite scent wise.

Respected Contributor

@sawst14 wrote:

Hi everyone, if you had to rank 613, MIF and BGT, what would be your order of preference? I'd love to hear your thoughts since it may help me decide which to get in a gallon size. I'm currently considering getting MIF since I have half a gallon of 613 left.

I have never used MIF but if I was ordering a gallon I definitely wouldn't order 613 since I find that I can't use it very often.  It is one cleansing conditioner that I only use occasionally.  BGT is one that I use very often and one of my favorite core formulas.  Although, I probably use tea tree more often than BGT from the core formulas that I use. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rank 613, MIF and BGT

[ Edited ]

MIF and BGT are similar in a way of being both Rice Protein Based (vs. Wheat or Soy based others) and having a common ingredient - Bamboo Water. They both belong to a separate from Core and Seasonal categories - they are Restorative CCs. Probably because of Bamboo Water, and some other extra ingredients in them.

MIF is more moisturizing than BGT, has a unique fragrance most like, some don't, BGT has wonderfully perfumy fragrance most like a lot, but could be a bit drying for some.

613 Gallon is great if you are using a LOT of 613, otherwise - gallon of 613 is too much to use occasionally.

I hope @sawst14, you 've tried all these to know how each one works for you.

I like them all, but if decide to go for a gallon - it will be choice of MIF among these three.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Yes I have tried them all. I use these 3 the least though as I tend to use more of the core and seasonals. I think if I get a gallon, it will be MIF. I like hearing what everyone thinks of the 3 and what they plan on getting!

Esteemed Contributor

At this point my hair needs more moisture than usual, and to the degree that even a regular core FIG is not too much for me now. This is why BGT may not be my choice at this time.

But I just want to mention something in defense of BGT choice - it's fragrance is very lovely and lingers nicely, BGT mixes well with most other CCs to counter their possibly not so favorite scent or performance, it can be used as a first cleanse after oil treatments, because it cleanses and rinses well, and it has Bamboo Water same as MIF CC.