WEN

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

Thank you both so much! That's what I was assuming would happen with one cleanse: it would work but better with two cleanses. 

@HSB1204, I agree about the smells. I like that I can scoop out the AsIAm and never have to hit the bottle on my palm while trying to get the product out, but it doesn't smell great. 

I'll test it out this week. I can always put my hair in a ponytail if I hate it. Smiley Happy

@pinkmochi Yeah, I did like the As I Am tub and that you could just scoop it out. That one was one of the better smelling ones in my opinion. I tried the Not Your Mother's cleansing conditioner and the scent was so bad. The raspberry scent wasn't so bad but there was a ton of menthol in it and believe me, raspberry and menthol do not smell good together. Cat Indifferent

Frequent Contributor

I only do one cleanse and I cleanse daily and have been using Wen for 7 years now. I use quite a bit of cc so I am sure it cleanses well and I cleanse for at least 10 minutes. I add water and massage 3 times during my shower and then finally rinse thoroughly but it does take some time in the morning and it is worth it to me since my hair looks and feels clean and bouncy. The 2 cleanse method was even longer with no difference for me.

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi I cleanse everyday (just my preference), and only use half the total pumps.

This is what I do:

Wash face

Rinse hair thoroughly

Apply Wen, work it in well, including massaging into scalp

Bathe

Stick my head under the shower for 1-2 seconds

Work Wen in untill it's frothy, massaging into scalp

Comb thru

Shave legs (yes, I do this every day, too!)

Stick my head under the shower again for 1-2 seconds

Work the Wen into my hair one more time, then start rinsing

Keep running fingers thru hair, and massaging scalp while rinsing

When hair "squeaks" I'm done.

Rinsing really doesn't take long if you've frothed the Wen up well, just 2-3 minutes.

Every 2-3 weeks, I do a double cleanse.

This routine has worked very well for me.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic

Trusted Contributor
@PinkMochi I think you misunderstand. It is NOT more expensive because you do NOT use twice as much product. You use the same amount you normally do for one cleanse but half the amount for the first and then the second. So you should not be going through WEN any faster with a double versus single cleanse.

@HappyDaze, I wanted to see if I could use one cleanse's worth of product instead of the amount you'd use for two cleanses. I tried using a couple pumps more of FTP than I'd normally use for the second cleanse, but I only washed once. Does that make sense? Smiley Wink My hair turned out great today, and I saved time!

I usually use 10 pumps (32 oz.) for the first cleanse and 10 pumps for the second, like the directions say. This morning I only did one cleanse and used 12 pumps total, so it did save me a little money since I used less product for a similar result.

I'm so glad that I've found a way to use Wen again that works better for me! Thanks again! Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: Two cleanses?

[ Edited ]

When I was new to WEN, I did one cleanse. I was so amazed with the results with one cleanse, I thought why not? it works well for me. Then I started to listen more intently to Chaz when he was on the air and I thought I should try it like he instructs just to say I tried it. Well, I did and Since that one time doing 2 cleanses,  I've never gone back to only one cleanse! My hair feels cleaner longer more voluminous and just behaves better overall.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

For me, two cleanses work best.  There is a difference.  However, I will say that I don't need to wash my hair as often with WEN.  My scalp is more in balance.  Thrilled about that.  I used to have to wash every other day.  Now it's every third day and that is something I never thought I would see.  So financially speaking, it's not such a hit.  Can't live without this product line...

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, two cleanses. Not only it helps my hair overtime to be it's best, and the second day hair is as good as first day, it also saves me money in a long run, because I do not have a need to cleanse more often.

I too, in the beginning used less CC every way I could, i.e. one cleanse, lesser amount of CC, and even believed, two cleanses with this many pumps, was just sales' gimmick.

But now, I do two cleanses almost always, and actually increased the amount of CC I use, because of results.

I do not need to "save" CC to last me longer, because with all the TSVs and other special deals, my stash is big enough, and actually it does not cost me all that much. So I can afford to be generous with the amounts of CC I use.

My 32 oz of 319/613 I am using from the last TSV comes up to a $18 (a piece per product), shipped and taxed.

Heart WEN.

Trusted Contributor

I do one or two depending on a number of factors: what I have done, how long it has been since the last cleanse, whether or not I am really fixing my hair. If I have no product in my hair then I only do one cleanse. If I am super sweaty from working out, or have a few days of wear on it, I do two. If I know I want my hair to be styled at its best, I do two.

I mostly do two, but when I do one it isn't such a difference. I think this is because I have almost all if not all Wen hair at this point. I personally find Wen to be very cost effective as a cleanser because I use fewer total products.

Best of luck!