WEN

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - I have the MIF and do not notice a salty scent. 

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Hedge, I've never noticed a salty smell to any of the TS I have used, but I've never used the one you mention.  I have FGP, WVM, SHP, BGT and 319, and they smell like the CC's in those formulas.  The TS is one of the few ways I can use Summer Honey Peach, which I adore the scent of, so that would be my recommendation of a summer formula, if you want to try one.  Does the Q have the summer scents available now?  I know the spring formulas are available, but hadn't noticed the summer ones yet.  At least, if you get it from the Q and don't like it, you can send it back for a different formula to try, or just a refund.

Wow, CamilleP!  you certainly have a lot of them!! LOL!  Those are all my top favorite scents too.  The Texture Spray is the one Wen thing I don't use.  My hair will do that loopy thing if I let it air dry but it will be too "poofy".  I just use a brush and blow dryer.  I always get mine from the Q or Chaz's site when he does a sale or if it's something I have to try!  The Q gives great customer service.  I've been a customer for years now and their service is golden for me.  I see you do too!

Super Contributor

That sounds yummy but maybe not on my head. I'll end up wanting to eat it all day Smiley Very Happy

@x Hedge wrote:

Now, If Chaz came out with a Salted Caramel & Chocolate cc....

Esteemed Contributor

I came across another bogus'old product' review, this one for Texturizing Spray, with a claimed 2014 manufacturing date.

Chaz didn't make this product in 2014.

He didn't launch it until the middle of 2016, and what was available sold out fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@x Hedge - I have the MIF and do not notice a salty scent. 

@riley1 

Thanks for that!

Since no one else here has experienced it, I'm paying close attention to when I smell it.

Realized all day yesterday, every time I leaned forward or bent down to pick something up, my hair would swing forward, surrounding my face, and I'd get the salty smell. Otherwise, when I'm upright, no.

Ok. Mystery solved. Having a real 'duh!' moment here.

Thanks to all TS users who replied.

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I came across another bogus'old product' review, this one for Texturizing Spray, with a claimed 2014 manufacturing date.

Chaz didn't make this product in 2014.

He didn't launch it until the middle of 2016, and what was available sold out fast.

Thank you, @x Hedge  - I've also come across reviews of Chaz's products, complaining about an old manufacturing date, when the products weren't even created until years after the date.   I'm wondering, too, if maybe the date on the bottle is the date the bottle itself was created, not the product.  

Super Contributor

@LucysMommy 

It might be because my hair is fine and straight, I welcome any body or volume at all, ill even take a little frizz!  My hair without any texturizing spray or mousse is like Bonnie’s before picture and I try desperately to make it look like Bonnie’s after. 

How I have been cleansing & styling lately: I use Tea Tree on my scalp and lavender, fig or SAM on my ends for 1st cleanse, 2nd cleanse is always a seasonal. After my shower I squeeze most excess water from my hair then apply 3 pumps of Seasonal mousse (right now Lilac) mixed with 2 pumps 613 mousse to my crown and front sides of hair only, comb it through.  Squeeze rest of water out. A few mins later I spray about 10 pumps texturizing spray at the crown only and comb it through. This is to give me volume and height on top and keep hair out of my eyes. 

I have tried texturizing spray on dry hair and it doesn’t work well for me, makes my hair crispy and tangled.  Same with Volumizing treatment spray. 

Before i found Chaz I used to use sea salt sprays daily, which gave body and hold but really dried out my hair. I will never go back now that I have my holy grail of texturizing spray. 

Honored Contributor

I have thick, fine, STRAIGHT, glassy hair.

Use the texturing spray and SC always.  Have only used the TS in MIF.  No bad scent here.  

Waiting for Lilac!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@LucysMommy @Souperkrys and anyone else that is interested and may benefit...

Try applying some of the Wen Hair Mask to your hair when barely dry. Let the product dry well then scrunch throughly, eliminating any residual product stiffness. The results are ah maz ing! Talk about body, plus the volume is just super. Really super! You'll be amazed at how well this holds your style without flattening out or falling at days end. Refresh with rtm the next day for an addition time saving step. Chaz has talked about this and I believe this may have been discussed here too. It works so well, I'm almost giddy just talking about it! Give it a try and report back with your results ♡♡♡.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all who contributed to this thread. 

Here's my update.

I decided not to buy texturizing spray in any Seasonal. Nope, I went for the 613 texturizing spray instead, and very happy I did.

I'm so glad I took my time and thought this through. And as a bonus I've used it daily since it arrived, and I'm not getting any of that salty smell from the 613.

Yipee!!  

💃