WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Question for users of WEN texturizing spray.

I understand the magnesium sulfate is what creates the texture, but i keep smelling the 'salty'-ness of that in my hair long after it's dry.

I'm wondering if the persistence of the salty smell is particular to FVWP (the only one I have), or does that run throughout the TS choices?

Or-  is it just me that smells that salty smell?

I was wanting to get another TS for warmer weather. Does anyone recommend a summer TS where the magnesium sulfate doesn't spoil the usual seasonal smell?

Honored Contributor

I've been using the texturizing spray for a few years now and have not noticed a salty smell. Right now I'm using the Tuscan Pear, smells great is not salty or sticky.

Respected Contributor

Hedge, I've never noticed a salty smell to any of the TS I have used, but I've never used the one you mention.  I have FGP, WVM, SHP, BGT and 319, and they smell like the CC's in those formulas.  The TS is one of the few ways I can use Summer Honey Peach, which I adore the scent of, so that would be my recommendation of a summer formula, if you want to try one.  Does the Q have the summer scents available now?  I know the spring formulas are available, but hadn't noticed the summer ones yet.  At least, if you get it from the Q and don't like it, you can send it back for a different formula to try, or just a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @blackhole99 

Mine has never been sticky, just salty smelling.

Since its never smelled salty to you, can you please tell me what other seasons have you used besides pear?

TIA!!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  Winter Red Current, Bamboo Green Tea and Mandarin Fig.

Esteemed Contributor

No, summer TS is not on Q yet @CamilleP .  Thanks for answering. I guess I'm just planning out my WEN $$.

I'm going to buy either a spring or summer TS, so I figured I'd better start asking now.

I ordered the TS last autumn because FVWP is one of my favorite smells. The TS works great!!! But the seasonal smell is overwhelmed by a salty smell to me.

Maybe it's just my nose. I'm one of the few people that picks up one of the unpleasant balancing scents in SHP that's hidden to most noses.

(Smells like stale cat pee)

I really like the smell of BGT. If the Seasonals don't work out I might go for that instead. 

Respected Contributor

I've used BGT TS, Hedge, it smells just like the CC to me.  The other good thing about it is that it's available year round, so you don't have to stock up during any particular time of year.

Super Contributor

Hello  @x Hedge đź‘‹,

I use the texturizing spray every day, it’s my #1 essential styling product. I have never smelled a strange smell, salty or otherwise, from any of the TS  formulas I’ve used, and they’ve all been true to their CC scent. I haven’t tried FVWP TS though yet.  I have used Coconut lime verbena, winter vanilla mint, 319, and bamboo green tea so far.  My favorites out of these are the CLV, the scent is so fresh and crisp and the 319. I find i get the best results from the 319,  more texture and volume. 

My next TS will be Summer Melon Mint! I know I will love that scent.

Frequent Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

Hello  @x Hedge đź‘‹,

I use the texturizing spray every day, it’s my #1 essential styling product. I have never smelled a strange smell, salty or otherwise, from any of the TS  formulas I’ve used, and they’ve all been true to their CC scent. I haven’t tried FVWP TS though yet.  I have used Coconut lime verbena, winter vanilla mint, 319, and bamboo green tea so far.  My favorites out of these are the CLV, the scent is so fresh and crisp and the 319. I find i get the best results from the 319,  more texture and volume. 

My next TS will be Summer Melon Mint! I know I will love that scent.

@Souperkrys I'm curious how you use it everyday.  I really want this product to work with my wavy hair but I can't seem to get it right.  When I use it on damp hair and dry with my diffuser, I frizz.  On dry hair, my hair goes flat and sticky.  

Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Souperkrys .

Thanks for mentioning SCLV. That & STP were the two summers I was originally considering, plus maybe SCB. Now BGT is on my list too.

These answers are interesting. I wondered if someone might reply that's the salt smell at the shoreline of the ocean. It's looking more like it's just my nose.

Now, If Chaz came out with a Salted Caramel & Chocolate cc....