WEN

Contributor

Hi oil experts! 

I realized that I'm going to run out of my precious TT oil before the new shipment arrives. I'm trying to use it at least every other day to regrow some hair (it helps!). My order shipped, but it will probably be about a week before it arrives. I'll have at least a couple of oil applications that won't be TT. I'm wondering what is best to substitute, out of the oils I already have? I have lots of Lavender-Mint, a Cucumber-Thyme, a cherry blossom and an orange blossom (you can tell which combos I've been buying!).

I have read the "oils" post from a while back, but would also like your opinions. Thanks so much!!!

Respected Contributor

Any of them should work, but if you really need a Tea Tree element, you can DIY your own oil. That's what I've been doing. I use Tea Tree, Jojoba oil, and whatever else I have around and feel like putting in there - argan oil, grape seed oil, castor oil. The WEN Tea Tree oil blend uses essential oils of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus. I can never get mine to smell the same as the WEN oil, but it still works for my hair.

Jojoba is a great scalp and hair oil and is available at most health food stores and some grocery and drugstores. Tea Tree and Eucalyptus oils are available at most health food or Whole Foods stores. When you mix essential oils, you want to dilute them by mixing them with a carrier oil (jojoba, grapeseed, sweet almond, etc) in a 10:1 ratio with 10 parts carrier oil to 1 part essential oil. I use an empty WEN or Argan oil bottle to mix mine, but you can also buy new bottles with droppers. If you use castor oil, use a much smaller amount of castor oil because it's quite a bit more  viscous than the jojoba, argan, or grapeseed oils.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Texana, I believe Wen Men oil has tea tree in it and it smells amazing.  I'm using Tea Tree to help my hair as I had to have anesthesia four times in a span of around six or seven months, plus tons of pain med and antibiotics, had a few MRIs' CT scans and they use that chemical before they take the pictures, some kind of contrast dye.  All that horror was not life threatening but necessary, assuredly.   Before all that my hair was amazing.  After around a month ago, I noticed alot of shedding.   I learned that what happened to me could make the hair go into the resting mode.  It then sheds and grows new hair.  My hair is beginning to stop shedding but it could take months to recover from all that.  Anyway, I use Tea Tree oil and cleansing conditioner and it's helping.  I use the Wen Men oil and CC too but that's because I love the scent.  I think any of the oils help tremendously.  They're all great for the scalp and hair.  I oil almost every night now since I cleanse every day.

Respected Contributor

@Texana  I agree any of what you have should be fine til your order arrives..

I am actually out also & have been using up some STP til my product gets here.

You probably don't have Men's Wen, but I agree with @77yangya

This is probably my all time favorite Wen. I never have anything but great hair when using Men Wen...(my Hubby now sharesSmiley Happy...I hope your product arrives soon!

Contributor

Thanks, @77yangya. I am following the same TT regimen you are, which is why I'm running out of oil so quickly! My TT will be delivered in about a week, and I don't currently have WEN Men oil. Ordered the CC during the TSV though and am looking forward to trying that. Right now, I'm trying to bridge the gap before my next shipment arrives, using oils I already have. I may just use the Lavender-Mint because I have a lot of it.

I'm so sorry that your medical treatments caused such extreme hair loss. If you had beautiful, thick hair before then, it must have been extremely distressing. I have never had thick hair, but the balding on the top of my head was a side effect of Lisinopril, the blood pressure medication. Supposedly, it happens rarely, but I have talked to so many people who had hair loss after taking it that I think it's a common side effect. Most people just don't make the connection. My sister recently stopped taking it (because I told her about my experience) and started with a new bp med, and her hair has started to regrow. She doesn't have the benefit of being a WEN girl. She just changed meds and is seeing new growth after about 3 months.

Thanks so much for your comment that any of the oils will help. I'm glad you're recovering from your health issues!

Respected Contributor

@TexanaMaybe you can rotate between the Cucumber thyme ( thyme oil promotes hair growth) , Lavander mint wich also promotes hair growth but thats's not foremost on it's list of benefits. and Tea tree.  Would a round robin approach get you through with a least a couple of TT treatments until your new stock gets there? They're all great.

Frequent Contributor
@77yangya Don't mean to be intrusive, but that sounds like possibly diverticulitis? If so, you're not alone, I'm currently recovering from my most recent flare. My primary care Dr says he thinks I've broken the world record for CT scans. :/