WEN

Respected Contributor

Does the new Spring Fresh Floral smell like PJP? I liked PJP at first but then I quickly got tired of the fragrance and won't buy it again. I had the SFF RTM in my cart when Chaz was here but changed my mind and didn't buy it... since today is free shipping on everything I'm going to try it. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol     seems to me Chaz compared SFF to when you walk into the floral area of a shop and you smell everything all together, but no one individual floral scent dominates.

Just an overall fresh floral scent.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Tennessee Vol     seems to me Chaz compared SFF to when you walk into the floral area of a shop and you smell everything all together, but no one individual floral scent dominates.

Just an overall fresh floral scent.

@x Hedge Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol 

I just got into my big box of tsv day orders. All SFF plus the Bella Mousse arrived packaged together. That was a shipping first for me. 

I'll use the CC and styling products tonight but here's my preliminary impressions. The oil is very lightly fragranced and pleasant. I smell a muted rose scent with just a bit of jasmine, which is a nice blend. Too much jasmine can be cloying and quite heady. This is not and is well balanced.

The RTM is brighter than the oil. It feels somewhat crisper, if that makes sense. I attribute this to it being an alternate delivery system. Again, the soft rose scent appears first for me then the jasmine wafts in. I think I'm detecting a sweetness that seems cherry-like. This comes out last as the RTM dries down. 

Lastly, the CC, I find to obviously be more concentrated. I applied this twice now on my arm and monitored the scent as it developed. Initially the same muted rose fragrance dominated followed by that jasmine trailing. Overnight I noticed two more things, one, that cherry -like scent crept in and second, I think I'm getting a powerdy whiff at the very end. This may be the rose mellowing. It leaves me with a sense of deja vu. Something I've smelled before, a long time ago. I do not get the hit of walking into a flower mart with any of my initial testing. Just an old fashioned rose scent sprinkled lightly with jasmine. The cherry I smell is interesting and caught me off guard. I thought I had a screen shot of the notes but I'll have to search this out again.

The true test will be in the shower. I'm doing an oil treatment right now. (The rose scent dominates) I'll be able to discern more and will pop back with an update. Stay tuned...

Didn't you mention possibly ordering the RTM duo? Did you receive it yet? 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol 

I just got into my big box of tsv day orders. All SFF plus the Bella Mousse arrived packaged together. That was a shipping first for me. 

I'll use the CC and styling products tonight but here's my preliminary impressions. The oil is very lightly fragranced and pleasant. I smell a muted rose scent with just a bit of jasmine, which is a nice blend. Too much jasmine can be cloying and quite heady. This is not and is well balanced.

The RTM is brighter than the oil. It feels somewhat crisper, if that makes sense. I attribute this to it being an alternate delivery system. Again, the soft rose scent appears first for me then the jasmine wafts in. I think I'm detecting a sweetness that seems cherry-like. This comes out last as the RTM dries down. 

Lastly, the CC, I find to obviously be more concentrated. I applied this twice now on my arm and monitored the scent as it developed. Initially the same muted rose fragrance dominated followed by that jasmine trailing. Overnight I noticed two more things, one, that cherry -like scent crept in and second, I think I'm getting a powerdy whiff at the very end. This may be the rose mellowing. It leaves me with a sense of deja vu. Something I've smelled before, a long time ago. I do not get the hit of walking into a flower mart with any of my initial testing. Just an old fashioned rose scent sprinkled lightly with jasmine. The cherry I smell is interesting and caught me off guard. I thought I had a screen shot of the notes but I'll have to search this out again.

The true test will be in the shower. I'm doing an oil treatment right now. (The rose scent dominates) I'll be able to discern more and will pop back with an update. Stay tuned...

Didn't you mention possibly ordering the RTM duo? Did you receive it yet? 

@rochelleS 

Thanks for the very detailed description of SFF! You definitely have a way with words. I did order the RTM duo and it is out for delivery today... I realize that everyone's body chemistry is different but I hope the dominate scent on me is rose too! 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

I just received my SFF RTM and find it to be very light, refreshing and pleasant. I can't isolate any particular scent and do agree that it is a bit powdery but that's a positive for me! Now I won't hesitate to order more SFF products!

Did you order the edp?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring scents

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol 

I did order the edp duo. It was waitlisted and I've since canceled my order. I do not feel this will be a welcome addition to my Wen edp collection. My body chemistry and this new SFF scent are at an impasse. At times, I experience a heightened sense of smell, which I mostly cherish. This time my nose hones in on the powder I'm picking up in most everything I've tried in SFF. Whereas this is attractive and pleasant for you and others, me, it's a big no. I like the RTM the most of all but will bow gracefully away from this new offering. Any powdery scents run a risk of a migraine trigger for me. It's my personal issue and I know others will not have to concern themselves with my medical criteria. Considering the large array of choices we have with Wen, I consider myself lucky that I've only experienced this twice. 

I'll look forward to the edp reviews. Perhaps if the 30ml Traveler size comes back in stock, I may consider trying that... Have you ordered it? ♡♡♡

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS I have not ordered the edp... I was going to order the travel size but as you know, it is no longer available...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring scens

[ Edited ]

🐙 grab yours

A283910

QVC added SGGT 

16oz cc, 4oz oil, & 6oz RTM

@Lynnster67   @Lori1962   @quadmimi  @Cosmic1 

4/28 well THAT went fast!!

Sold out...or...removed by qvc after they realized they don't actually own any to sell (again)

@sznk, have you tried this formula? 

Probably a limited supply.   ⏳

The cc has a really rich feel in textured hair, similar to what the coconut does for whipped SCLV.

I'm not sure why, or what ingredient gives SGGT that feel.