WEN

New Contributor
I recently started using WEN again about a month ago and what a difference WEN has made! I have long hair down past middle of back, thin texture but I have a lot of it! I wanted to share that I took the plunge and bought gallon of the SHL, the trio of SHL SC and the SHL RTM. The smell is devine but what I love about it is that is has the amino acids, 4 tea complex, and the H. Honey as 2nd ingredient, which from what I understand is really great for hair and not a lot CC have it.

I am new to WEN and how this works and wanted advice on how to heal ends of my hair. I died hair black 10 plus years (but never used any heat) and ends are damaged. looking for tips on my routine.

1. 1st cleanse with SAM
2. 2nd cleanse with 4 pumps or so of 613 with SHL let sit hair 15 min or hour if I have time
3 rinse. ring out hair apply 2 or so pumps of 613 back into hair
4. 4 pumps SHL SC with 3 to 4 drops gloss to midshaft down, I have lot hair it absorbs a lot.
5. 5 pumps 613 mousse to top 5 to bottom, comb let hair dry

Wowsas it's soft! Thinking of using my SHL as first cleanse, using 613 with some re moist as 2nd ti add more moisture. Haven't bought that yet tho. Anyone have luck using some remoist added into second cleanse?
thanks so much!!
Esteemed Contributor

Have the damaged ends cut off.

Honored Contributor

I think remoist sounds like it should be used for the ends. I don't know anything about using it "added into the second cleanse"; however, I have used a little bit of it instead of styling cream, and my hair had great body that way.

But since you want to repair your hair, I would suggest remoist as often as possible. When I use remoist for treatment, I put it on after I get home from work, wash my hair, and let it air dry with the remoist on....keeping it on all night. Sometimes I put a cheap plastic shower cap over it and sleep that way, but if I do it first thing getting from home, it dries well before I go to sleep and I leave it on until I wash it out the next morning.

Respected Contributor

@claire07bear   I occasionally add remoist to my second cleanse. I believe this was another great tip from @x Hedge Smiley Wink

After adding CC and frothing it up I take about a teaspoon of remoist and rub it between my hands then work it into my hair starting with the ends and going up. I can feel it plumping up the CC. Leave it on for the rest of my shower and rinse as usual and do my leave ins. You may need to use more with hair your length, mine is just to my shoulders. I definitely get an extra level of treatment when I do this Smiley Very Happy

I will tag you in another thread with a very helpful tip that  @x Hedge  started Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring Honey Liliac

[ Edited ]

Hello @claire07bear .

Curious as to your hair's texture,

and whether your hair gets increasingly dry feeling/looking or does it get more oily on day 2, 3, 4?

Hair-Types.jpg

Your steps, 1 thru 5, are very familiar to me.

Like to respond to a few points:

No advantage in bumping SAM and switching SHL up to the first cleanse.

Edit: i take it back. Advantage is it simply smells better than SAM and has more oomph! Sure, use SHL for your first cleanse!

Start your wenwash w a thorough rinse for 3 reasons.

(1) It takes time to thoroughly saturate hair if it is dense, closely textured, or has low porosity, and (2) much soil and hair product will rinse down the drain before you apply any WEN.

(3)for a positive experience, the WEN needs the water and the water needs the WEN.

Being stingy with either will compromise your final results.

Although you have a fine diameter hair, it is both long and dense. You may benefit from pre-whipping WEN. If you also have natural texture the pre-whip will certainly help you distribute WEN evenly for a good cleanse.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/Pre-Blended-Whipped-Up-Wen-Treasures/m-p/3488795#M48402

Like you, I'm a fan of 613. 

Just a generous amount of 613 CC plus oil is my consistently best leave in.

I need the extra richness of 613 CC added to other CCs for cleansing too.

But it's "too much", too rich for many heads and has a paradoxical drying effect on hair that doesn't need that richness.

So as your hair becomes healthier over time you may need to slowly reduce the amount of 613 in your routine. I found my perfect amount.

it depends on your hair's specifics.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/Why-use-613/m-p/2398452#M19430

You're stingy with the mousse and might want to try increasing to 18-25 pumps total.

I frequently use Remoist as part of the 2nd cleanse.

Cleanse, rinse, cleanse.

At the part of the second cleanse where it's all frothy and you'd normally rinse it all out, add Remoist to the Wenny froth starting at the ends and up the length of your hair instead. (I keep Remoist off the scalp.)

I leave it on up to an hour, often less.

Then do final rinse and add leave ins.

Remoist for a leave in doesn't work at all for me.

Makes my hair feel awful and I end up doing another quick wash to get it out every time i give  it another try.

Seems to work for shorter and straighter textured hair though.

Have someone who's competent with your hair type trim off your damaged ends.

Remember WEN is completely customizable to meet the changing needs of each head of hair. What's right for this or that WEN model isn't necessarily right for you.

Do what's right for your hair and have fun with your WEN!  😁

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@claire07bear   I occasionally add remoist to my second cleanse. I believe this was another great tip from @x Hedge Smiley Wink

After adding CC and frothing it up I take about a teaspoon of remoist and rub it between my hands then work it into my hair starting with the ends and going up. I can feel it plumping up the CC. Leave it on for the rest of my shower and rinse as usual and do my leave ins. You may need to use more with hair your length, mine is just to my shoulders. I definitely get an extra level of treatment when I do this Smiley Very Happy

I will tag you in another thread with a very helpful tip that  @x Hedge  started Heart

@FleaMktQnYour tips helped me also!  You always have great ideas...

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@FleaMktQn I gotta’ try this! I had not heard this tip until now!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
New Contributor

OMG I JUST TYPED UP A LONG REPLY AND LOST IT ALL! GRRR LOL

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR IDEAS!

MY HAIR IS THE SECOND ONE IN THE PIC I THINK IT SAYS 2A? IT'S THIN BUT  I HAVE A LOT OF IT AND FRIZZES EASILY. I LEARNED THAT I CANT WASH WITH HOT WATER (I LOVE TAKING HOT BATHS THIS IS WHY) AND HAVE TO USE COOL WATER AND THE IDEA OF NOT USING A TOWEL AND USING A SOFT PILLOW CASE OF MY HUBBY'S OLD T SHIRT AND DOES WONDERS FOR MY HAIR, DEF NOT AS FRIZZY.

I LOVE WEN SO MUCH! I BOUGHT A LOT THROUGH QVC THAT SHOULD LAST ME A WHILE, I BOUGHT THE SHL BECAUSE OF THE INGREDIENT LIST SEEMED LIKE IT HAD THE MOST BENEFIT IN IT WHILE I LOVE ANYTHING WITH HONEY IN IT! I STARTED THE G.R. MONTLY DELIVERY BEEING THINKING ABOUT WHAT I REALLY NEED.

I'LL GET 2 BOTTLES OF THE 613 B/C I WILL USE THIS AS SECOND CLEANSE, FACE CLEANSER WITH MY CLARISONIC/POWDER SCRUB (MIX THIS IN FOR EXFOLIATOR)  AND USE AS LEAVE IN.  I'LL GET A BOTTLE OF TT FOR MY HUBBY B/C HIS HAIR IS SO THIN AND I AM AFRAID HE'S LOSING HIS HAIR LIKE HIS DAD! I'LL ALSO GET THE 4 OZ REMOIST IN SAM. I ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF THE SC, GALLON OF SHL AND SHL RTM AND (3) OF THE 613 MOUSSE (WHICH I LOVE THE SCENT OF THE 613 OH MY GODDNESS  Smiley Happy

I DIDN'T MENTION THIS EARLIER, BUT I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE SEND OF THE SAM, BUT I REALIZED THAT I THINK THIS IS MAKING THE BACK OF MY HEAD ITCH. I NEVER EVER HAVE A ITCHY SCALP OR ANY DANDRUFF, MY SCALP IS PRETTY HEALTHY. BEFORE WEN, I ALWAYS USED ORGANIC SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER WITHOUT ANY SULFATES OR ANY JUNK. I AM A HUGH FAN OF ORGANIC SKIN CARE/COSMETICS AND DO NOT WANT TO PUT ANY TOXINS ON MY FACE/SKIN. THAT'S WHY I SWITCHED TO WEN, THE INGREDIENTS ARE NATURAL AND EACH INGREDIENT HAS A BENEFIT TO THE HAIR/SKIN.

I'LL USE THE SHL AS FIRST CLEANSE, 613 AS SECOND, ADDING SOME OF THE RE MOIST TO MIDSHIFT--> ENDS AND LET IT SOAK IN FOR ABOUT 15 MIN TO HOUR WITH SHOWER CAP.

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT SOME PPL FIND THAT REVERSING THE LEAVE IN PRODUCT ORDER REALLY WAS A GAME CHANGER FOR THEM. THEY STARTED WITH THE THINNEST PRODUCT ENDED WITH THE THICKEST. SO IT WOULD GO MOUSSE, SC WITH GLOSS, THEN LEAVE IN LAST? I READ THIS RELALY HELPED THEIR HAIR AND FRIZZINESS (WAS THIS JUST FOR ETHNIC HAIR, WHICH I DON'T HAVE) BUT I THOUGHT MAYBE ID GIVE IT A TRY SINCE MY HAIR NEEDS EXTRA HELP ABSORBING THE INGREDIENTS. I AM AFRAID IF I START IWTH THE THICKEST, MY HAIR WILL BE "BLOCKED" AND THE OTHER INGREDIENTS WON'T GET CHANGE TO ABSORB? SO IN MY HEAD IT MAKES SENSE TO START THIN TO THICK SO HAIR SOAKS UP THE THINNEST, WHICH CAUSES MOST BENEFIT RIGHT? INSTEAD OF JUST SITTING ON TOP OF THE HAIR STRAND?

THOUGHTS?

THANKS, CLAIRE BEAR

Respected Contributor

Hi claire07bear, wow, that's some name!  Mine's crazy!  It's how my cat talks!  LOL.

oh, anyway, WOW, what a regimen you have!  That's great!  Your hair must be amazing!  I believe the ReMoist is great for leave in and Chaz said it's good for that too!

I don't use the gloss too much although I have a decent amount of it.  I like better, for my hair, the Finishing Creme.  The one that only comes in Pomegranate.  I just do a pea size through my mids and ends after blow drying and it gives it that "glossy" shiny, great hair thingy!  LOL!!! 

I do the mousse first, before the styling creme.  This suits my hair better.  Why, I dunno!  It just does!  LOL!!  The new Spring Fresh Floral is AMAZING!  I have the cleansing conditioner and the UINBT, the Nourishing Body Treatment (in case of newbies)  I love it!  It's VERY strong so not too much, please!  Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Honey Liliac

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@FleaMktQn I gotta’ try this! I had not heard this tip until now!

@SurferWife  It works great