WEN

Contributor

Do any of you ladies who cleanse daily only do it once? I know Chaz recommends to double cleanse, but if I'm doing it daily, is it necessary to double cleanse? 

Trusted Contributor

I don't cleanse daily but if I did I probably would do only one cleanse.

Trusted Contributor

I cleanse daily and always do a double cleanse.  I don't think I have ever tried a single cleanse, but even while cleansing my hair feels much better during the second cleanse. 😊. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I cleanse daily, and I also do a single cleanse, unless it's after a scalp oil treatment, then I do double cleanse.  I have a short bob haircut, so not a lot of weight weighing my hair down, so a single cleanse does the job just fine.

Honored Contributor

For quite a while I used to single cleanse and then one day after listening to Chaz once more time, I decided to try a second cleanse.  I still use 2, but I use far less product for the second than the first.  I like my results.

Honored Contributor

I cleanse daily & rarely skip a day. I double cleanse every time. When I was new to WEN, I did a single cleanse for the first few months. After hearing Chaz' say over & over how important the double cleanse is, I gave in & from that moment on I've never done a single cleanse again. The first cleanse is for removing dirt, oil, grime, styling products, etc. to get the scalp clean. The second cleanse is more the conditioning aspect. I think I'm cheating myself & my hair's potential by doing only a single cleanse.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I have fine, thin hair that I wash every morning. I only do one cleanse and my hair looks fine. I add just a touch of CC and SC after washing, and I get a nice little 'flip' on my ends that I never had pre-WEN. I think it just depends on your hair type. 

Super Contributor

The original method was one cleanse!

I still only do one cleanse - I just don't have time for the double, and when I have tried it, I have not noticed a difference.

I wet my hair, work the wen thru, clip it up (it's a couple inches below my shoulders), do the rest of my shower and rinse. 

I also cleanse daily (between product and sweat, I need to).  My hair is moderatly long, fine and naturally straight.

Michele