WEN

Trusted Contributor

Protective styling with Wen

[ Edited ]

Since having my surgery I decided to do a protective style on my hair. I saw and fell in love with finger curls (calls for curling pudding and gel) but I only use Wen and I dont use gel. I tried it two days before my surgery by cleansing and using remoist and 319 as my leave in. I used a bit more than I would normally (you know I use quite a bit already) and completed my leave in routine with plenty of mousse.

I then started a section while my hair was still soaking wet and began finger curling. It worked. The curls came out smooth, shiny and nicely. They held for almost two weeks when I cleansed again. Mind you I was applying RTM daily (If I wasnt knocked out that day) and oils at least every other day. I wish I took a picture but I just had surgery sooo you can imagine how I look right now, lol.

When I took them down they were soft and moisturized, it really was like an extended remoist treatment.

Now, I am trying twists. I used the same products again and did individual two strand twists. Again, they are holding really well so far.

Now I know I can just use extra CC for leave in along with remoist in place of curling puddings and custards and the styling cream and mousse work well in place of gel.

Has anyone tried any other style and converted other products to Wen products?

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

Re: Protective styling with Wen

For those of you wondering... these are finger curls: *Not me in the pic

finger curls.jpg

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

No, but I'm so glad that it worked for you and you were able to find a way to make your life easier after the surgery. Two weeks is pretty amazing!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

No, but I'm so glad that it worked for you and you were able to find a way to make your life easier after the surgery. Two weeks is pretty amazing!

@ChynnaBlue, it shocked me. I kept feeling them thinking they would have unraveled after time and rough sleeping.

I usually put them up into a pineapple with a loose scrunchy. I really liked the style and will do it again when I am not so easily tired.

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

I have seen those finger curls and always thought they were so pretty. Good for you!!😊  Sometime you'll have to post a pic of yours when you are feeling better. 

Honored Contributor

@nikki48

Beautiful!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@nikki48 No...but you talking about pudding & custard & mousse is making me hungry! Woman LOL

Hope you are recovering nicely, and I love the look of those finger curls--bet you look just gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

Oh wow @nikki48   that is amazing hair!...I have to wash everday so I  could never ever imagine not doing that!  only because my style doesn't look right if not done everyday, (not because of oily hair or scalp as I have no oil..Smiley Happy I do use the SC on my dry hair if the ends start looking dry during the day...I just put a bit on the ends...I am never ever going to have curls or thick hair close to that, but without Wen I don't want to know what I would have...lol

I hope you are better also...

Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48It's funny you posted this because over the past six months or so I've become a serial remoister.    I achieve outrageous body to my hair siNce I've been doing it and I'm getting the benefits of the  extended remoist treatment.  I'm going to have to try to pin it up when I have time and see what happens.  Since I've been doing this I haven't needed to use styling cream (even though I have a pallet full) .

Super Contributor

Those are some great tips Nikki!! I couldn't agree more. My life changed after watching the vid on YouTube of them cleansing Katia's hair...I leave in that much Fig, even though im Caucasian, straight hair...I need that much moisture from all my bleaching. My hair loves it and no more breakage!

i've got the new Light restorative treatment spray, and that's my newest love. I spritz with RTM before pincurling at night...then after I'm done, so give it a shot of the Light spray. In the am, my hair is perfect...just unpin, shake and go! I really like the Light because with the humidity/dampness, sometimes by weeks end my hair isn't as fluffy...but Light keeps it lifted and bouncy all week between cleansings!

i feel ya too...when I was in the hospital I cleansed before going in and when I got out, but in between I was using RTM and protective styling to keep my hair healthy. Wish I'd brought a satin sleep cap or pillowcase tho.lol I'm so thankful for Wen too because as sick as I was, i didn't lose my hair, which was a big worry....sounds dumb considering hospital is serious business and I'm more worried about my hair.lol

hope ur feeling better soon!

~cm