WEN

Super Contributor

New coding on bottom of bottles

Hi everyone,

I received my TSV today (in the Winter combination).

I was getting ready to rotate my Wen stock and include these new bottles, I turned them all upside down and there is a new coding system in place.

No longer says: MFG: (fill in month/year)

Anyone know how to decipher the new coding?

Tami

Honored Contributor

Re: New coding on bottom of bottles

There's a phone number on the bottle for Customer Service. They are very good about answering questions like this. Heart

Respected Contributor

@TamiT28   I just date the bottles as of the date I recieve them with a Sharpie, and use them that way, I don't try to decode/decipher manufacturer's marks.  Given that WEN, at least, is good for two years after I open it, I figure the date I get it is plenty close enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP I’ve been doing the same thing for years never had a problem with any of my products.
Respected Contributor

@ANewHue  That's the method I used to code inventory in my job, where I literally had walls of shelves of 1lb/500g bottles of bacterial growth media and 100g-1,000g bottles of various chemicals to keep in order.  Some of those items came in with a 90 DAY expiration date, things like antibiotics, so keeping that stock organized was critical.  If arrival date worked for me for 35 years in that situation, it can certainly work for my WEN.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TamiT28 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I received my TSV today (in the Winter combination).

I was getting ready to rotate my Wen stock and include these new bottles, I turned them all upside down and there is a new coding system in place.

No longer says: MFG: (fill in month/year)

Anyone know how to decipher the new coding?

Tami

I did read alot of reviews complaining that they got product that was 3, 4, or 5yrs old...past the expiration on the bottom of the bottle or jar.

Perhaps they have decided to no longer "date" the products...and now use a serial code for internal purpose...which should correlate to the date of the products production.  Not sure how you could get that information now...perhaps if you call the CS and ask for the date?

I am a newer user of this line...and did purchase a gallon as the TSV and no date was on it.  I just assume it is fresh product.  Everything I have purchased has been really nice...no "off" or "odd" smelling products.  So I have been happy with my purchases.