WEN

Contributor

Hi everyone!!  I have been reading your posts for a good while.  I have tons of WEN just like everyone here so that's why i feel OK posting...

I have been consistent with WEN for probably 3 months.  I have some good days and some pretty yucky ones.  Yucky days mean my hair feels "heavy".  It won't hold a curl or stay where I put it, it just flops.  I have short hair and it is poker straight.  I am using 3-4 pumps of TT or WWB on the first cleanse and 2 pumps each of 613 and BSI on the second.  Then about a half pump of leave in with 1 pump styling cream.

So on a whim this morning, I tried a tweaked by nature product and my hair is behaving very nicely!  Nuts, I really want the WEN to work.  I need some ideas on what I can do differently to get better results.

I welcome ALL and ANY suggestions!  So glad to finally dip my toes into the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Respected Contributor

@Puppymom1 wrote:

Hi everyone!!  I have been reading your posts for a good while.  I have tons of WEN just like everyone here so that's why i feel OK posting...

I have been consistent with WEN for probably 3 months.  I have some good days and some pretty yucky ones.  Yucky days mean my hair feels "heavy".  It won't hold a curl or stay where I put it, it just flops.  I have short hair and it is poker straight.  I am using 3-4 pumps of TT or WWB on the first cleanse and 2 pumps each of 613 and BSI on the second.  Then about a half pump of leave in with 1 pump styling cream.

So on a whim this morning, I tried a tweaked by nature product and my hair is behaving very nicely!  Nuts, I really want the WEN to work.  I need some ideas on what I can do differently to get better results.

I welcome ALL and ANY suggestions!  So glad to finally dip my toes into the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@Puppymom1 

I am not sure if your hair is thick or thin, I know you said it's short..

I have very baby fine hair, somewhat curly...

I pre-mix my Wen with water (in a little plastic bowl) so it's much thinner when I use it..( I mix my Wen CC's together mostly) so I make enough for both cleanses.

I use a brush that you would put hair color on your head to whip it up) It goes on much better for my thin hair than right from the bottle..I always comb it thru the ends with CHaz's wide tooth comb both cleanses.

Rinse well & a tiny bit of CC leave in, not much. I don't use styling cream as I don't use a blow dryer..I do use the mousse.

I just mix a batch up the night before & its ready to go in the morning..Smiley Happy

I am sure others will be able to give you great info also.

I would never use anything else on my hair, but I did have to play with it a bit...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppymom1 Hi there, I've been a Wen girl for about 8 years now.  It does take some training for sure.  I have short naturally curly hair, almost a pixie type style.  What I found for me and Chaz may say it's a no no........but I stopped putting the CC as a leave in and only use the styling cream after my cleanse and then a bit of mousse.  I feel less is more for most things in life and this works for me.  However, I am also a Tweak'd fan and love those products too.  Just recently I have been alternating. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal Interesting. I do the opposite....use the leave-in, but not stying cream. ha! We definitely are all different in what works best for us when it comes to WEN. 

@LindaSal wrote:

@Puppymom1Hi there, I've been a Wen girl for about 8 years now.  It does take some training for sure.  I have short naturally curly hair, almost a pixie type style.  What I found for me and Chaz may say it's a no no........but I stopped putting the CC as a leave in and only use the styling cream after my cleanse and then a bit of mousse.  I feel less is more for most things in life and this works for me.  However, I am also a Tweak'd fan and love those products too.  Just recently I have been alternating. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely skip the leave in.  That should help some.

Respected Contributor

@Puppymom1  I also have very fine hair, but it's shoulder length.  I also think you should skip the CC as leave-in and only use styling creme, IF you are using hot tools like blow dryers or curling irons.  If you are air-drying and not using any tools or devices, you may not even need that.  You might also consider mousse instead of CC, as it is also conditioning, but much lighter.  I know Chaz's general recommendation is to always use CC as a leave-in, but some heads of hair just don't support it.  If you keep your hair quite short and trimmed regularly, you may not need the extra conditioning the leave-in provides, especially given the extreme conditioning you are getting from 613 and BSI, two of the most intensive CC's Chaz makes.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I am VERY new to WEN so take what I say with a grain of salt LOL!  But I notice you are using 613 and Bella Spirit?  Think I have that correct.  I tried those but they both made my hair very flat...for me these just don't work well with my hair type.  

I have found now which ones seem to work best for me and plan on sticking with them.

Also sometimes when we try something new...since it's very different for what our hair is used to we get a super great response.  Tweaked may work for you...and you can inter-change between both lines to use up what you have.  I tried one of his products and it made my hair very voluminous/full...but after a few uses my super curly hair got dry and crunchy.  

I have had to play alot to figure out what is best for me.  I do use a small (dime) amount of CC as leave...have short hair...and no issues with that at all.  IF I used more then that?  My hair would be flat and I would want to wash it daily then.  I also blow out part of my hair so I need some protection.

Esteemed Contributor
Welcome. Well you did say your hair is short but you didn’t say whether it was thin or thick. I think the number of pumps you are using could be a factor, remember more Wen is better than not enough. Just make sure you rinse really well between cleanses. Another issue could be the 613 / BSI combo. I have fine hair and although I adore 613 using it incorporated in my second cleanse every time was not good for me. It gave me flyaways and my hair was a pouf. It was too much protein. So I would try skipping it to ever other cleanse and see what happens. Good luck! There is a learning curve , you’ll find what works best for your hair.
Contributor

Never thought of protein but that may be the reason it flops.  My hair is probably thick, certainly no thin.  My hairdresser says I have the best hair of all her clients, yeah me. I will try diluting, not adding a leave in and not use the BSI or 613 for a few cleanses and see where we go.

Thank you ALL for you help, the WENNERS are truly a great bunch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppymom1 - How short is your hair? Maybe the amount of pumps you are using is just too much for your hair length/type. Or, it could be the "splash" of water you are adding - not enough. Another thought, don't use the 613/BS together - either use them singly or combine with another seasonal.

Good Luck - there is a definite learning curve to find the best combo for your hair.