WEN

Honored Contributor

My First Time for Spring Fresh Floral

I like the seasonals. My first cleanse is always POM, and my second is one of the seasonals. Once in a while I use Bella Spirit and 613.

So last evening I broke out the SFF. Of course I got it in EVERYTHING, including the Nourishing Body Treatment.

I've always liked everything I've tried in WEN, with some becoming my breakout favorites. I was excited to try SFF.

When I used it the scent was overwhelming. After I put on my final leave-in and styling cream, I was convinced it was NOT the scent for me, and I even debated exchanging it. I never have done that.

This morning DH said my hair smelled really good. Then later DD said the same thing. I asked her if it was too flowery, and she said not at all - it smelled really good.

So I guess I'll keep it. If I can get over thinking I'm standing in the middle of a florist shop while using it, I'll know after it dries it will be amazing! 

Do you have a love or hate relationship with SFF? 

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Time for Spring Fresh Floral

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom 

SFF is my favorite!  What I like about it is not one floral note takes over, like the SHL (of course SHL was meant to be mostly lilac).  SFF is a mixture of all different florals, like walking into a flower shop.  In fact I bathed my puppy in it Sunday afternoon & he smells like a little angel!  Now, if I could only get him to behave like one. Woman Tongue

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @SurferWife - I feel a lot better about using it! Maybe it just takes a while to adjust to the whole floral scent, since I'm used to the others. I will use it, and I will try the NBT too. It is a lot easier than sending it back, something I never do with beauty products unless they are damaged in shipment (LG eyeshadows - twice!). 

I've seen some pictures of your puppy when you've posted them. He looks like a sweetheart, and I'm sure he is! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

OOOHHHHH!  You know it!  It's one of my top favorites.  I went back for a second Body Treatment in it.  I have everything in it except the styling creme.  I have tons of styling cremes so it would just be a whim.  It really is lovely though, I'm so glad you fell in love with it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

SFF was not for me - too much floral. I even left the cap off the bottle for a day to see if that would help. Nope - my daughter got it and loves it

I also could not do the Pink Jasmine Peony or the Winter Red Currant - PJP went back and I mixed the WRC with other cc's - thank goodness it was only a 16 oz bottle, lol.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 I'm the same way. I can't do the florals at all. When Chaz was letting everyone in the salon smell new scents, the Spring ones always seemed nice in the sampler he would let people sniff, but when i would purchase it and use it on my head, the florals were always too strong for me. That includes Pink Jasmine Peony too.

So when I would get a 16-ounce of any of those new Spring scents to try, I end up using them to clean my combs/brushes, shave, etc. But I must admit that the Fresh Floral was awesome when he let me smell it; however, I knew to only get a 16-ounce first. YUP! Same thing......too much floral on me.

Give me anything with mint (Vanilla Mint, White Forest, etc.) and I'm good to go!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Yup, I'm with you regarding the florals. Now, if a new CC is a floral, I pretty much don't order it. I also have to be very careful with cedarwood, amber and there's one other I ca'nt think of at the moment. After a dry down, these scents just stay with me.

So far, I'm good with the summer and winter scents. 

Honored Contributor

@riley1 Me too....summer and winter. But I also like the Fall Tuscan Pear and Ginger Pumpkin. The Fall scents round out my "different one each day" cleansing:

Ginger Pumpkin

Tuscan Pear

Vanilla Mint

White Forest

White Citrus

Mango Coconut

Melon Mint

I also keep some 613 around for mixing with the others sometimes or just putting it on my face, concentrated, leaving it on for around 30 minutes. Oooo WOW! Baby soft skin.

Regular Contributor

I really love his florals....I do not fancy smelling like a piece of fruit, can't stand apple, peach, etc. TODAY was honey lilac....heavenly.
Regular Contributor

I really love his florals....I do not fancy smelling like a piece of fruit, can't stand apple, peach, pumpkin or pear.TODAY was honey lilac....heavenly.