WEN

Regular Contributor

My First Oil Treatment!

[ Edited ]

I'm doing my first oil treatment as we speak. I'm using the TT oil and WHOA is it strong! I'm not sure if I'm going to like this one on a regular basis, but I do have the Fig and I love the way that oil smells. 

My question is, what is the best CC to get the oil out with the list of CC's I have. The CC's I have are: 

MIF

FIG

SCM

LAV

TT

SHP

Any of those good for getting it out on the first try? I'm unsure how long I'll keep this on, but how do you know it's working? I hear people say that they get tingles but I got nothing but smell. Is there anything I should notice after I wash or is it just a way to clean the scalp? 

Frequent Contributor

TT is a bit strong but it is best for growing your hair or for issues with scalp. I always use TT after I do oil treatments at least for the first cleanse, then I usually do a seasonal for the second. I also mis the 613 in with the second cleanse occasionally. Hope you like the results of your oil treatment Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I will echo what kk21 just said:  I use TT CC for my first cleanse after I use the TT oil,  and then a seasonal for my second.  Today I used SLV CC, but sometimes I use SHP or SOB (I have at least 1/2 gallon left)

Regular Contributor

I think that's what I'll do. I like TT for my first cleans anyway. I only have two seasonals, SHP and SMC - and I'm dying to try the FGP. I find that the two seasonals i have work great, the only one I haven't liked so far as WVM. 

It's shocking how big important that second cleanse can seem lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

TT CC or any other CC that is a little drying for you. I almost always use TT, or BGT with TT for a first cleanse after the oils. I also often do a dry priming with TT / BGT on oil before I go to cleanse the oil.

Super Contributor

Just give it a little more time.  It takes a little time but you should feel you scalp getting a cool sensation.  I dont always feel it right away but it always comes.  As far as the smell, its an aquired pleasure?  It is strong but I enjoy it.  The eucalyptus is nice and I find it soothing.  It also clears the sinuses!  I'm not sure if the oils clean the scalp.  I think it nourishes the scalp.  Kind of like when you put oil on your nails and cuticles at night and  your nails seem to grow healthier and stronger....It keeps the scalp moisturized and allows for healthy hair growth.  Am I right?  Not sure but thats how I tend to view it..

Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to clarify what you meant when you asked "Any of those good for getting it out on the first try?" If you were asking will any of those CCs completely remove the oil with only one cleanse, then (for me) the answer is NO. I always, always, always do two cleanses after an oil treatment. And the first cleanse is always either TT or CA. 

But, if you were asking which CC will work the best for your first cleanse after an oil treatment, then I would choose the formula that's the most clarifying for your hair. 

Also, like you, I love the smell of the Fig oil. You can always add in a bit of that to help combat the smell of the TT oil. 

Super Contributor

OH......I agree with the other posters that Tea Tree is fantastic for cleansing after an oil treatment.  Works for me!

Regular Contributor

Maybe it has to do with hair types, but I have no problem with doing only one cleanse after using an overnight oil treatment.  I just make sure to cleanse and rinse thoroughly.  I never do two cleanses any more.  My hair is very fine so it doesn't seem necessary.

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Oil Treatment!

[ Edited ]

@Kitkat21 wrote:

TT is a bit strong but it is best for growing your hair or for issues with scalp. I always use TT after I do oil treatments at least for the first cleanse, then I usually do a seasonal for the second. I also mis the 613 in with the second cleanse occasionally. Hope you like the results of your oil treatment Smiley Happy

As a number of other people have already mentioned, I'll also vote for TT for the first cleanse. I think 613 is a great idea for the second cleanse because the scent works reasonably well with TT. And this way your hair will have a bit of a 613 scent instead of TT. 

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy