WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Experience with FAS

I am about to cleanse my hair again. In the words of the Pope, pray for me.
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
I am about to cleanse my hair again. In the words of the Pope, pray for me.

Well, you survived cleansing with FAS the first time. As long as you keep the gas mask on while cleansing you'll be fine. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

I do not like any of the cc's  but i bought fas purely for the scent.  I think its the best scent ever in the history of pumpkin products lol

Contributor

The op made me lol. I feel the same way. FAS is the only cc I hate! I used all of the cc but I still have the small replenishing mist from when it was a special years ago. I don't want to even use it in the bathroom as a deodorizer. The scent lasts forever, yuck!

Super Contributor

Well, lest we all forget, it was Wenners on this very board (well, the pervious version) who BEGGED Chaz to make a formula with a scent that would last.  And he did: FAS. People stopped asking.   

Glad ad you're loving the FAS results...the scent is very likely to grow on you...it's so much stronger than other Wen scents that it's an adjustment.  For some it's love at first whiff, for others, it grows on them.  And then there's the folks who just don't care for the scent.  But the one thing that's for sure: the performance is a cut above.

i wish Chaz would make another version of FAS...same formula with the maple syrup (I know some beg for the honey, but honestly, the maple syrup in this formula is the bomb) but a different scent, perhaps one that didn't linger.

Respected Contributor

@posterchild wrote:

Well, lest we all forget, it was Wenners on this very board (well, the pervious version) who BEGGED Chaz to make a formula with a scent that would last.  And he did: FAS. People stopped asking.   

Glad ad you're loving the FAS results...the scent is very likely to grow on you...it's so much stronger than other Wen scents that it's an adjustment.  For some it's love at first whiff, for others, it grows on them.  And then there's the folks who just don't care for the scent.  But the one thing that's for sure: the performance is a cut above.

i wish Chaz would make another version of FAS...same formula with the maple syrup (I know some beg for the honey, but honestly, the maple syrup in this formula is the bomb) but a different scent, perhaps one that didn't linger.

You know I never thought about the maple syrup, I was very new to WEN when I first used  it, but my email is off first thing tomorrow to Chaz to ask for this, and new version of FAS!  You send first posterchild since it was your idea, I will follow!!..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Woo hoo!  My TSV Sam is delivered.  I have never tried Sam before either.  Here's hoping the scent is more pleasant.  Smiley Happy

@Laura14 I hope you liked the SAM scent better. To me it smells a thousand times better than FAS and the scent never lingers in my hair. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

SAM smells very nice. Enjoy.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Go ahead.  I'll wait for those of you who know where this is going to pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing.  

This board recommended FAS to me over the summer because it seems like the CCs that have a very strong smell (TT, FGP) love my hair and my hair loves them back.  So I get over it and use them up without taking deep breaths while I wash.

So fall appears and FAS is now available.  CD comes on QVC and says the girls with the curls LOVE it.  I stop what I am doing.  I listen.  The board has said go ahead, buy FAS.  CD comes on my tv.  Go ahead, girl with the curls, try FAS.  "It's just a little spicy."

As you roll to the other side of the room in laughter, spice is not exactly how I would describe this CC's scent.  FGP is spicy.  And if that is the word he would use for FAS, personally I think everyone had a sinus infection on the day when the Wen team smelled it for the first time and said "Oh yes!  That's a wonderful fall scent!"  

I am still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to tell me I  am being punked because I know at least one person and probably a whole group grabbed for paper bags when they got a big whiff of FAS.  I have never had children but I'm thinking this is what morning sickness must be like every time this goes up my nose.  

Now I normally don't worry too much about scent because my hair doesn't really hang onto them.  I just have to get through the wash and then I move on to my Fig styling products and I have never walked around with TT or FGP up my nose.

Well, wouldn't you know what the first scent to hang on to my strands would be?  Smiley Happy  I have long curly hair which is around my face and shoulders all day long.  I have been putting off what I would call this scent because I am between two words both ending in it and I really don't want to offend unlike FAS.

Now of course, I did say my hair loves the strong scents.  It has rained where I live for three days.  I have not done my normal RTM with the frequency I usually do because the messier my curls gets....well, gosh darn, I guess I have to wash it again and I think Lav is looking pretty good to me.  

But my curls ARE fabulous after two days.  It is still raining here  and my hair is shiny and my curls are holding form for the most part without real help.  It may be the best Wen CC I have used although it has only been two days.  

Help me.....

*bebe777 is in desperate straights... because she is laughing so darned hard... that she just cannot get herself up off of the floor... and, no, this time it's not the hard apple cider... not unless Chaz hasn't shared something about those ingredients... can maple syrup be fermented she wonders... *

Ok @Laura14 you win... hands down you win. I thought I had the bestest Wen post with my Wenderful Comb!!!!! thread, but your post is just too funny for words. 

I remember when you finally decided to try FAS saying that your hair seemed to love the, shall we say "stronger" Wen scents... soooo, your lack of good scents has left you with a scent that offends your sensibilities and leaves you senseless... does that about cover it? Smiley Wink

As a Founding FAS Fan Club member I really couldn't be called out of line if I were a teeny tiny incensed by all of this... but we'll let that pass. I'll just content myself with the knowledge that at least your hair has some good scents. Smiley Wink

Enjoy the FAS. Surrender to it. Maybe mix it with Tea Tree and see if the two scents neutralize each other senseless. Have a good time.... and great curls. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@Laura14 Now that I've picked myself up from the floor....

I'm with you 100%!!!!!! I'm not sure what Chaz is smelling to call it "spicey", to me it's nothing but sickly sweet maple. And yes, it CLINGS--to hair, towels, bathroom tile, combs, brushes, hands (even if I mixed it with other formulas)! Ugh! It worked well for me, too, but I cannot tolerate the scent in my hair all day. I did manage to use up 2 16 oz. bottles by using them to shave my legs--mixed the FAS with the Tresemme conditioner I normally use for that purpose so it cut the scent some. I wear pants most of the time, and I didn't notice the smell seeping thru the fabric, lol!

The ladies that love FAS can have your share and mine!

@vermint I completely agree about the sweet maple. It's the one thing I don't agree with Chaz about. FGP smells spicy. FAS just smells like nothing but maple. I cleanse every day and the FAS smell was clinging to my hair for days. The bathroom, towels and everything that FAS came near smelled liked it. Yuck!

@HSB1204 and @vermint I must be the only Wenner who thinks that FAS smells like mulled apple cider. After about the 50th mention of maple syrup I started to smell the maple scent but, to me, it's just an after thought. 

Whenevetr I smell FAS I think of a wonderful sunny brisk autumn day and that puts a smile on my face. 

And @Laura14 I agree with @HSB1204 . You are very funny. I'm going to bookmakr this tread as well so I can reread it when I want a good laugh. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy