WEN

Regular Contributor

This is the second bottle of Wen 613 that I have opened after its partly used to find green and black mold everywhere.

I email chaz studios and they just wanted to know when I bought it and a proof of purchase reciept. no concern Ive been smearing mold on my hair and face Umm really ? First off all I bought it at qvc when they were on sale so way past a time I could return it plus it shoudlnt mold any way you look at it ! It shoudl stay fresh untill its used up. Very frustrated with them I asked that they just replace it which seems a simple reasonawen.pngwen3.pngwen4.pngwen 2.pngble  but then they didnt respond.

Respected Contributor

Yes, they should send you a new, fresh bottle.  Any reputable company would do this.  

That's nasty and I wouldn't use it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure, but I think if you purchased the 613 from QVC they would be the responsible person to call. I'd give Customer Service a call in the morning and explain the situation. Even if you don't have  your "receipt" you can always go to your account and find the order. How long ago did you purchase this bottle? I would think QVC would make good on this.

Trusted Contributor

I think they say it has a 2 year shelf life. I wish they would date the bottles because even if you know when it was purchased you don't know when it was manufactured. Hope cs works with you and refunds all your money. 

Trusted Contributor

I actually had this happen as well.CS said it was from shower water getting in the nozzle and "contaminating" it. QVC replaced it at no charge for me, even though it had been 6 months at least. I would give Qs CS a call!  Good luck. 

Trusted Contributor

@equss The shelf life is 2 years once opened, not from manufacture date. 

Super Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

I actually had this happen as well.CS said it was from shower water getting in the nozzle and "contaminating" it. QVC replaced it at no charge for me, even though it had been 6 months at least. I would give Qs CS a call!  Good luck. 

Yikes! They'd better get back to the drawing board and fix that problem with the nozzle! I've never heard of that happening before.

My only wonder on chazstudios response to you is that possibly they just want to confirm the product is authentic? Maybe they are starting to sell them in chain drugstores like other salon brands? I remember hearing one salon brand guy whose last name rhymes with "Kitchell" say that they can't guarantee the product unless you purchase it from a salon. I don't think that Chaz would instruct his CS team to ever give customers a hard time. He seems too authentic and an honest man. 🌞

Trusted Contributor

I don't think it's unusual for Chaz to ask for proof of purchase. What if it was a fake from eBay or something?  That's not giving anyone the run around, it's just good business. I would be very surprised if the Q does not help OP

Super Contributor

A moderator could jump in at any time to help the OP. 

This is a health and safety issue.

Esteemed Contributor

Any Mods on tonight to help the OP?