WEN

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@CamilleP     My guess would be it's contaminated with something...like you touched it with your fingertip and something transferred that's thriving on that surface.  

Or else, did you kiss your dog on the nose? Could have 'dog cooties' growing on your bella lip balm. 💋

Hedge!   hahahahahaha!  Dog cooties!  You're a riot!

Respected Contributor

Suz585, I wondered the same thing, if I might be allergic.  I believe that Chaz uses his Arnica montana extract in the lip balms, and that is most likely what I am allergic to in the NIBT, so I am being cautious at this point.  I can still use the tinted lip balm, so I hope it's just the one tube of clear balm, which smells funny while the tinted does not, so I hope it's not allergies.  If I start having trouble with the tinted balm, too, I'll have to figure it is indeed allergies, though.  It's a bummer, but at least I can still use some of the CC's and the body lotion, SC, EDTC and RTM.  If I ever became allergic to every WEN formula, I think I'd just shave my head!

Esteemed Contributor

@Suz585 

Sorry to read of your dilemma.

I was wondering if your cycle of extreme dryness would end if you lay off both the scrub and the pigmented lip treatment for a while, while using just the translucent lip, as a test to narrow down potential allergens.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@CamilleP     My guess would be it's contaminated with something...like you touched it with your fingertip and something transferred that's thriving on that surface.  

Or else, did you kiss your dog on the nose? Could have 'dog cooties' growing on your bella lip balm. 💋

Hedge!   hahahahahaha!  Dog cooties!  You're a riot!

Toby doesn't have any cooties.  He gives me sugar all the time. ❤️🐶

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@CamilleP a I agree, if I ever become allergic to WEN, it's a bald head! 😅

**Suz**
Valued Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Suz585 

Sorry to read of your dilemma.

I was wondering if your cycle of extreme dryness would end if you lay off both the scrub and the pigmented lip treatment for a while, while using just the translucent lip, as a test to narrow down potential allergens.

@x Hedge I'll have to try this in November, but with the tinted balm. I know the translucent dries my lips out, but I haven't tried the tinted in a while.

I truly hope my body gets over this hyper sensitivity or allergy, so I can go back to using these products on a regular basis! 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  This probably isn't your case, (since you said  the tube in question smelled funny) but a couple years ago I was struggling with dry peeling lips. I read (somewhere) about toothpaste/mouthwash causing this issue. I had used the same toothpaste for a long time, but had added a product for dry mouth..hmmm  It was getting really bad, so I put just a tiny bit of  "lip vaseline" on my outer lips while I brush, etc..then washed it off & used my reg products..I have never had another issue. (didn't want to swtich toothpaste or dry mouth product as they helped my teeth alot)..anyway I have never had another dry lip issue since doing this...Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@CamilleP  This probably isn't your case, (since you said  the tube in question smelled funny) but a couple years ago I was struggling with dry peeling lips. I read (somewhere) about toothpaste/mouthwash causing this issue. I had used the same toothpaste for a long time, but had added a product for dry mouth..hmmm  It was getting really bad, so I put just a tiny bit of  "lip vaseline" on my outer lips while I brush, etc..then washed it off & used my reg products..I have never had another issue. (didn't want to swtich toothpaste or dry mouth product as they helped my teeth alot)..anyway I have never had another dry lip issue since doing this...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi 

thanks for your insight! I don't think this is my issue but I will definitely pay more attention going forward to see if it might be. 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi 

thanks for your insight! I don't think this is my issue but I will definitely pay more attention going forward to see if it might be. 

@Suz585  Your welcome. I would of never thought of tooth/mouth products bothering my lips..I was trying everything to figure it out. I got a little thingy of the vaseline lip stuff, just coat the outer edges while I brush, rinse, wipe it off, solved my issue after blaming everything else I could think of!.. lol