WEN

Respected Contributor

Fellow Wenners, I have a question for any of you who use the Bella Spirit lip treatment.  I have been using it since it came out, and love it, but the current tube of clear balm I am using has just recently started to have a funny odor, and when I use it it leaves my lips chapped and sore!  This has not ever happened with any other tube of Bella Spirit lip treatment I've used, and I've used several so far!  Has anyone else had their lip balm go bad in this way?  Mine smells musty, almost moldy!  There's no change in it visually, but I can't get past the smell, and really don't like the performance change, obviously.  I'd like to find out if my tube is just an isolated incidence, or if other users have had theirs go bad as well.  Should I call the salon and ask?  What do you all think?

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

No, I haven't had that problem.   I use the lip balm every day and night and have gone through a few tubes.

Is it the clear or tinted version?

Respected Contributor

Yes, you should call and ask.

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't had that problem at all. I have used several lip balm tubes since they came out. All good.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey, @CamilleP .  I'm on my first tube of the translucent lip, but I must've used it a couple hundred times by now, and it smells the same as it did when I first opened it.

Give the salon a call, see if they've heard this from anyone else.

I'd scrape a thin film off the top and sides, see if it smells the same beneath the surface. But that's me.

Respected Contributor

Geezerette, the tube that smells bad is the clear version, and it's newer than the tinted one I also have open by months.  The tinted tube smells fine and isn't making my lips dry and chapped.

Hedge, I'll try your suggestion and see if that gets rid of the smell.  Fingers crossed!

Thanks, everyone, who replied, I will be calling the salon tomorrow to see if mine is some sort of fluke, or if there was a bad batch or something.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP     My guess would be it's contaminated with something...like you touched it with your fingertip and something transferred that's thriving on that surface.  

Or else, did you kiss your dog on the nose? Could have 'dog cooties' growing on your bella lip balm. 💋

Respected Contributor

No, no doggie nose kisses.  No finger contamination, either.  I tried to roll the balm up to skim the edges clean and there's virtually nothing left, so it's not worth trying to remove a thin layer, there's nothing but a thin layer left anyway.  I almost pitched the tube, but decided to keep it until I talk to the salon, so I have the lot number, in case they want that information, just in case it's important.  But at least I won't be throwing a whole bunch of lip balm away, when I do pitch it.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Several tubes, I’ve never had a problem.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@CamilleP I used the lip balms and lip scrub for months and loved them! Then my lips became more chapped then ever and super dry. I have had to stop using everything (lip sticks, balms, gloss) on my lips to get them back to normal. Each time my lips would almost be "back to normal" I'd try the lip scrub or balm and start the cycle of super dry, flakey lips all over again 🤦🏼‍♀️  I must be allergic to some of the ingredients.

I have not noticed any "off" odor with my balms. 

I'm disappointed these products don't agree with me but everybody is different and not everything is for everyone. At least I can use most of Chaz's products! 

**Suz**