WEN

Contributor
I saw where on Instagram Jill said she only uses Calista products on her hair. I don't understand why she is on Chaz's show acting like she loves WEN? Makes not know who to trust.
Contributor

Honored Contributor

Salesmanship

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm posting here what I had over on the ProBoards forum about Jill, and also Joanne.

Jill left Chaz a long time ago, when I was still going to his salon, so that is before COVID-19 for sure. I asked him about that and she told him that she could get more work at QVC if she wasn't doing WEN. Chaz has certain conditions for WEN models, like not using hot iron-type things on their hair. They can only use WEN products so the results are purely based upon his ingredients and no one can say that their beautiful outcome is because they use WEN and, for instance, another cleansing product.

Calista uses a lot of hot iron type products on the hair, I think. And their hairsprays are different from his. Don't recall the exact wording he gave me (should check my notes from that visit, but not sure which date it was).

He said the same things about the older, grey-haired lady (Joanne?). She moved over to Nick Chavez because he would use her more. Chaz has a lot more models than Nick does, so Joanne's chances of being on air (and making more money) were better with Nick.

It had nothing to do with Chaz not being on QVC a lot, because he was at that time, but he said it was because (in Jill's case) he was highlighting women with longer hair. I imagine in Joanne's case it might have been the fact that he already had a few older ladies (like the one whose hair he refers to has Benjamin Buttons, the movie).

Honored Contributor

I checked some of my notes from my 3/17/18 visit to his salon, and this the discussion I had with him about what models can/cannot do.

Do you have requirements for your models? Like, they must only use WEN, no other brand in between the times they are with you. What about ancillary products...only WEN? Could they JUST ONCE use a product from another line as their styling cream or mousse or hair mist? Could you really tell if they used someone else's styling cream, etc.?

He said that basically when they get new models, they make sure they only use WEN; they must agree. And the models are good with that. He really doesn't have to make them; they WANT to only use WEN. They are almost insulted that anyone would think they would use some other products.

And yes, he would be able to tell if they use something else; he has done that before. Even one of his workers, Rhonda, did something different and he knew.

Honored Contributor

Oh, so, so sorry. I just found my notes and it was AMANDA, not Jill, who had the very short hair and SHE is the one who decided not to model for WEN anymore because she wanted to be on air more and he was using the longer-haired models.

So the posts where I mentioned Jill this and Jill that, and it was her decision not to do WEN anymore, it turns out my notes have corrected me....the model's name was Amanda.

My bad; again, so sorry! Smiley Sad

Here is Amanda, who I thought was Jill.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.11.43 PM.png

Contributor
I tried to post a picture. She models for Tarte alot. It was Jill Wohlbach. She has shoulder length blonde hair. That is just what she said on her Instagram page. I was just curious because I thought Chaz only wanted his models to use WEN.
Honored Contributor

@MamawskidsMamawskids 

Have you seen Jill modeling for WEN since that post you mention?

It's possible that she may have left WEN too.

If you're interested, since you follow her, why not ask her if she is still a WEN model?  Or ask Chaz.  He does videos on all social media often and answers questions.

Contributor
Someone did ask her about her hair & she said she uses Calisita products. So I was just curious if anyone knew if she left WEN.
Honored Contributor

Here is what Jill looks like. There may be more than one Jill, but this one was a WEN model.