WEN

Valued Contributor

Help with thirsty Wen hair please!

I used SMC last night for the first time ever and my hair is so dry. I have been using Wen for a year and a half and tried many different formulas but never had this adverse of a result. I usually only cleanse about every 4 days. Any tips on what I can do or use to combat the dryness or do I need to cleanse again to get a clean slate? Please help.
Super Contributor

Re: Help with thirsty Wen hair please!

In my experience, I cannot use the seasonals on my coarse, dry, thick hair because it turns my hair into straw. This is because the seasonals have more protein, and it's the same reason I can't use 613.

Regular Contributor

I know I'm being dense, but remind me what SMC is please..

My hair is not responding well to Wen now, after years of doing quite well with it. I can't blame Wen, since I had years of success. More likely, it's the hysterectomy I had a year ago, and my hair is drying out as my estrogen levels plummet. It's downright frizzy now on Fall Ginger Pumpkin. Disappointing!

Trusted Contributor

If you have any of the RTMs, you could try to use that to add additional moisture without cleansing. Or, depending on your hair type/texture, adding a few drops of oil. If that doesn't work, you might have to bite the bullet and cleanse again. 😀

SMC is one of the more moisturizing formulas for my hair......just goes to show how different our experiences can be with various formulas. 

Valued Contributor

@ appleseed. SMC stands for summer mango coconut. @DoxieMomma I am hitting the oil and RTM tonight! If I don't like the results in the morning when I take my hair down, I guess I will bitting the bullet. I may have to skip the blowout since I will be pressed for time and look like Florida Evans from Good Times for a few days, ugh!
Respected Contributor

Diva, you can also try lightly applying a little Remoist to dry hair as well. That could help you out some. Do it tonight before bed and cover your hair. It may help with that straw feeling.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I am a long (long) time WEN user and have tried many of the seasonals with great success.  SMC is not one of them.  I had the same drying problem that you are describing.  Do you have any of the core formulas on hand?  I am using up my SMC by mixing it with SAM for the added hydration.  I use SAM as the leave-in when using SMC plus I add a couple of drops of POM oil before styling.  These steps have helped a lot but I won't be returning to SMC in the future.  

Smells lovely though!

Valued Contributor

Thanks Kjelle. I may try the oil, remoist and RTM. Lol! @ island girl I have POM & FIG on hand currently. My son can use the rest of my SMC until it is gone so I never have to have a bad hair day like this one was.
Honored Contributor

Hope your hair gets it's act together!

Have you tried MIF?  I started out totally TT and FIG, but now that my hair is healthy it LOVES  MIF which is back on 9-5.  And can't forget SHP, the absolute dream of moisture, maybe some available here, or at Chaz on line.

~~~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@ Drythe I have tried MIF. MIF & BGT are my top recommended from the Chaz Dean site. I got MIF in the March TSV, but my son liked the smell it more than me so I let him use it. I did have nice hair the few times I tried it but didn't care for the cedar notes in the scent so I switched my AD to BGT. I also have SHP and my hair does well with it. I had not used a Wen that didn't perform until SMC and I have tried all of the cores except for CA and most of seasonals. I did not order CLV this summer and if it performs anything like SMC, I will not bother.