WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with thirsty Wen hair please!

[ Edited ]

@Diva1Donna wrote:
@Drythe I have triedMIF.MIF &BGT are my top recommended from theChaz Dean site. I gotMIF in the March TSV, but my son liked the smell it more than me so I let him use it. I did have nice hair the few times I tried it but didn't care for the cedar notes in the scent so I switched my AD toBGT. I also haveSHP and my hair does well with it. I had not used a Wen that didn't perform untilSMC and I have tried all of the cores except for CA and most ofseasonals. I did not orderCLV this summer and if it performs anything likeSMC, I will not bother.

@Diva1Donna, it sounds as though for some unknown reason SMC just doesn't work for you. -- FYI, here is the Wen Abbreviations Glossary.

Clearly it's not a protein issue since all of the other Seasonals yuove tried have worked for you. -- All of the Seasonals, as well as Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) & Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) from the Restorative line, all have the amino acid complex in them. 613 has the amino acid complex as well. 

Since the other Seasonals have worked for you, I doubt that Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) would dry your hair out. To my knowledge, there aren't any special active ingredients that differentiate the various Spirng, Summer, Fall or Winter Seasonals from each other. So just because Summer Coconut Mango (SMC) is drying for your hair, there's no reason to assume that either SCLV or Summer Honey Peach (SHP) would dry your hair out. 

What is a bit strange is that, among the Wenners who like extra moisture, I believe that their favorites are (in order of most moisturizing): 

1) Fig 

2) Summer Honey Peach (SHP)

3) Summer Coconut Mango (SCM)

4) Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) 

btw, do people find Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) to be moisturizing? I'm wondering if it is because it weighs my thin/fine hair down just like FIG does. 

Diva1Donna, you may want to take a look though the SMC ingredients to see if you can find an individual ingredient that might be the culprit. 

In terms of using up the SMC, you might try using it for your first cleanse and using a more moisturising CC for your second cleanse. 

Best of luck!!! Let us know how it turns out!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - August Chat 2015 - QVC WEN forum Wen Schedule - shows (8/15-18), Sept Insider (8/15?) - Wen Abbreviations Glossary -

Valued Contributor

Thanks Bebe! You are always so helpful. I think my 14yr old son will be given the SMC as I did with the MIF. I added a few drops of oil,a tad of Remoist, and RTM in Fig last night. It looks better than yesterday but my ends are still a little dry.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diva1Donna wrote:
Thanks Bebe! You are always so helpful. I think my 14yr old son will be given the SMC as I did with the MIF. I added a few drops of oil,a tad of Remoist, and RTM in Fig last night. It looks better than yesterday but my ends are still a little dry.

@Diva1Donna@ , you're most welcome. I wanted to add another tip that I got from @Runner Mom. 

She added a little bit of RAW honey to CCs which were drying for her hair. She explained it in detail in one of her posts in the priming dry hair with MIF Cleansing Conditioner thread. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I suggest a few sprays of replenishing mist or a few drops of oil when your hair feels like it needs more hydration. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

What is a bit strange is that, among the Wenners who like extra moisture, I believe that their favorites are (in order of most moisturizing): 

1) Fig 

2) Summer Honey Peach (SHP)

3) Summer Coconut Mango (SCM)

4) Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) 

btw, do people find Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) to be moisturizing? I'm wondering if it is because it weighs my thin/fine hair down just like FIG does.  

My hair is very dry and I find Fig, Winter White Citus, and Winter White Cranberry to be the best formulas for me. I tried Mandarin Italian Fig and wouldn't recommend it for dry hair.

Sweet Almond Mint leaves my hair dry, too. I can use it, as long as I follow up with or mix it with Fig.

If my hair is really dry and I haven't been using seasonals much, I'll use 613, which gives me an added bosst. If I've been using seasonals, I'll use Remoist, instead.

Honored Contributor

If you need moisture use Fig, just the core Fig not the MIF. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Thanks ladies. @ jaxes mom I cleansed yesterday with a mixture of of Fig and 613. I am back to my soft shiney hair plus a few bumps since prolonged fig use does not agree with my skin. I have to try to use it primarily on my ends and wash in the sink when I do. Love my hair though.