WEN

Contributor

Do we know what fall scents will be offered in gallons (if any)?

Valued Contributor

Re: Fall WEN Gallon?

[ Edited ]

@katwalker wrote:

Someone else can correct me, but I dont think seasonal gallons will be back until June 2016.

Trusted Contributor

@katwalker wrote:

AFAIK, the only gallons being offered in the fall (at QVC) are 613, BGT & MIF. The core and seasonal gallons are only offered once a year, in June. And I'm not sure it's guaranteed that the seasonal gallons will be back next year.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katwalker wrote:

At last!  A Wenner who uses the correct word, scent, for the product.  I don't use WEN, but have been amused many times by thread titles referring to the product's "flavors."  Made me wonder if people were eating the stuff. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@katwalker wrote:

At last!  A Wenner who uses the correct word, scent, for the product.  I don't use WEN, but have been amused many times by thread titles referring to the product's "flavors."  Made me wonder if people were eating the stuff. Woman LOL

I actually, do believe some people eat Wen! LOL! 

Contributor

I know, it drives me crazy, too, how so many people describe bath and body product scents as "flavors." I'm used to it because I see/hear it so often, but as a grammarphile, it irks me.

Trusted Contributor

@katwalker wrote:

I know, it drives me crazy, too, how so many people describe bath and body product scents as "flavors." I'm used to it because I see/hear it so often, but as a grammarphile, it irks me.

I think some people use "flavor" that way because they think it's funny. And some genuinely don't understand that it's not correct usage.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actuall @DoneTryin using the term flavor to describe aroma is not incorrect. It's  the origin of the word.

Origin

Late Middle English (in the sense 'fragrance, aroma'): from Old French flaor, perhaps based on a blend of Latin flatus 'blowing' and foetor 'stench'; the -v- appears to have been introduced in Middle English by association with savor. sense 1 of the noun dates from the late 17th century.

Also flavor can be used to mean the essential quality of

1 a archaic : odor, fragrance
b : the quality of something that affects the sense of taste
c : the blend of taste and smell sensations evoked by a substance in the mouth <the flavor of apples>

2: a substance that flavors <artificial flavors>

3a : characteristic or predominant quality <the ethnic flavor of a neighborhood>
b : a distinctive appealing or enlivening quality <her performance adds flavor to the show>

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Brdwygurl, for the definitions.  I had no idea that this thread would take on such a serious flavor.  The scent of Wenners starting their engines went straight to my head & made me quite dizzy.

Respected Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

@katwalker wrote:

AFAIK, the only gallons being offered in the fall (at QVC) are 613, BGT & MIF. The core and seasonal gallons are only offered once a year, in June. And I'm not sure it's guaranteed that the seasonal gallons will be back next year.

I agree that the seasonal gallons won't be available until next June and we can't even be sure if they will be available again.  If they are they also could be different scents than what was offered this past June.