WEN

Regular Contributor

I'm new to Wen and ordered the gallon size in June. What do you do when you can't get any more pumped out, but have quite a bit left? I was wondering if this would happen.  Tips and tricks? Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

Re: End of Gallon?

[ Edited ]

QVC used to sell these bottle caps that had tripod legs that let you sit the bottle upside down, so you could get everything used out of them.  I can't remember what they are called, I'm sorry, but if they still have them they'll be in the kitchen items section.  I think other people use other ways, like mixing formulas into a "Franken-bottle", or diluting the CC with distilled water so it pours out more easily, and there may be other gadgets sold elsewhere that would work the same way the gadgets I got from QVC do to stand a bottle upside down and keep it stable, I don't know, but I hope others chime in so you can have some options to weigh.  I'll go hunting the Q's website to see if I can find the things I bought a few years ago, and edit this post with an item number if i find it.

GOT IT!  It's item number M115659, the Flip-it set of no-more-waste bottle caps.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I've never seen those upside down bottle caps, that's a great idea.   I generally stand mine in the bathtub and lean it against the side.  I leave it open and have it draining into a lock and lock which I will later put in the shower.  Works for meSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They're called "Flip-it"...on Amazon...they're fabulous!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@GymBunny wrote:

I'm new to Wen and ordered the gallon size in June. What do you do when you can't get any more pumped out, but have quite a bit left? I was wondering if this would happen.  Tips and tricks? Thanks so much!

Hi there!  Here's what I do.  Now, first of all you MUST be adept with a box cutter because they can cut your arm off.  Anyway, I just cut it open, throw away the top half and spoon all the left at the bottom into a 32oz. bottle that's half full.  I have a few always around and I just fill them all up.  To me, it matters not which scent mixes with which.  AGAIN, you MUST be good at handling such a tool.  I was not when I began domestic chores and got cut constantly.  I should have bought stock in the band aid company!  LOL!  Anyway, you could add water but I don't like to dilute it, it gets to runny.  However, that's my two cents.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed, I bought those flip its too but tossed 'em.  It just didn't work well enough for me.  I'm glad it worked for others though.  I just feel that with my method, I get every drop.  Not knocking those that like them though.  XO

Regular Contributor

@CamilleP  thank you so much!  

Respected Contributor

@GymBunny wrote:

I turned it upside down over a 32-ounce bottle and let it drain into that bottle.