WEN

Super Contributor

Does the SMC EDP smell exactly like the CC?

For anyone who has smelled the SMC EDP... Does it smell exactly like the cc? I love the performance of the SMC cc, but the smell has a bit of a suntan lotion/artificial aroma of that I'm not crazy about.

Wondering if the EDP smells the same way? I love the 613, so I am tempted to get one of the duos. I am concerned that the SHP would be straight peach and a bit too sweet, I like things a little more complex.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Does the SMC EDP smell exactly like the CC?

to my nose, the answer is no.

For me the CC has a great balance of Mango and Coconut. The EDP just smelled like coconut - and to me coconut tends to have a bitter - green scent, so I prefer coconut mixed with something just a little sweet to mellow it out (I LOVE philosophy Vanilla Coconut - mellow but not sickly sweet).

As for the SHP - I returned SMC and order the SHP, so I should know if a few days.

Michele

Super Contributor

Thanks @Michele5004!   I know this is been said 1 million times, but I really wish there was a way to get a small trial size/sample version.  Yes you have a month to try it, but I don't want to pay shipping both ways just to try a scent.

Respected Contributor

I have had the EDP on for over an hour and I smell mostly the vanilla.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @BrdwygurlI haven't tried any of Chaz's EDPs, but there is a Wen - Summer Mango Coconut EDP - what does it smell like? thread that you might want to read through (lol, it's a few pages back *s*). 

That Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) and 613 EDP duo is really a great value if you like both of the scents. -- I think that the 3.4oz Spring Honey Lilac EDP sold for about $99 on its own this past spring. 

I don't remember what time it was yesterday, but one of the hosts mentioned that their were only 400 SMC & 613 EDP duos left... and I doubt that they'll be bringing in any more when it sells out. 

btw, I was sooooo excited by the eleven Tony Awards awards that Hamilton won on sunday for the Broadway season. It would have been great is Hamilton could have at least tied The Producers for most awards. Unfortunately that wasn't in the cards since the Producers racked up all those wins during a lackluster Broadway season while, this past year, has had some amazing competition for Hamilton

Lin Manuel Miranda continues to amaze me with his kindness, generosity, and caring for the world at large. He always hits the right note. -- His heartfelt poem about the recent Orlando tragedy which he gave as his first Tony acceptance speech just pinged away at my heart strings. It was such a beautiful acknowledgement to the friends and families of the victims of the horrible tragedy. -- In fact the entire Tony ceremony was a thoughtful and dignified outpouring of caring. *s*

I hope you are doing well, and enjoying the last of this spring season... before the summer humidity sets in. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladies

I got my fragrance yesterday and it is awesome. It smells exactly like the cleansing cond.  I put it on about an hour ago and it is still going strong. Nice scent and not over powering.  I hope he continues this so that when I run out, I can get another.  Awesome

Deb

Super Contributor

I found all the seasonal fragrances smell exactly like the seasonal CC on the first whiff. They dry down nicely are not over powering at all.

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@Brdwygurl Mine is scheduled to arrive today and I am quite anxious to see what the scent holds for me. I just figured it would be what the treatment mist is like, but when I got the Mango Coconut oil the other day, I must admit I really didn't like it. Too strong for me; more mango smell than coconut. So I'm hoping that the parum will be lighter in scent like the treatment mist and cleansing conditioner is than the oil. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Esteemed Contributor

Screenshot_2016-06-11-20-50-34-1.pngScreenshot_2016-06-13-16-08-07-1.png

Visual aids...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS, YAY!! Smiley Happy

thank you so much for sharing these charts become I always love visual aids. They always help clarify things for me. Smiley Happy

I wonder if Chaz got the idea for these EDP charts from Tova. She uses them for her fragrances and a few months back they had a chance to chat with each other at QVC. I think Chaz may have posted a photo of both of them on his facebook page. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy