WEN

Trusted Contributor

I really am not a fan of the WRC and do not like the" Light" fragrance either.  Both have an earthy smell . In another post I said the Light smelled like cat litter box/urine smell. ( I saw on reviews someone else said this as well)  Well ,to me the WRC smells along the same lines as Light.  I am trying to mix the CC with others CC so the smell is not so bad.  I am a scent person, so even if this was the best performing CC on my hiar ( which thankfully it isnt) I still would not purchase it.  I would purchase one that I get enjoyment out of the scent as well as performance.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry they didn't work out for you🙁 I love seasonals and have yet to find one I don't like. I'm literally obsessed with the jasmine peony💕💐...don't know if it counts as a seasonal but I'm in heaven! It's more floral than the usual but that's why I like it..Chaz does a good mix of fruit, flowers and whatever...there's something for everyone. 

Maybe the next batch will bring something you like better👍🏻✌🏻

Esteemed Contributor

@CoastalGal, you might enjoy a blend of WRC with 613, with or without TT.

Although I love the WRC alone, I've been using a blend of WRC & 613 cc plus TT oil as my leave in. The 613 sweetens and softens the WRC.

Respected Contributor

@KweenB wrote:
Am I the only person disappointed with the last 2 new seasonals?

With the Red Currant, I expected yo smell some fruity tartness. With the Vanilla Pumpkin, I expected to at least be able to smell pumpkin, but I couldn't smell that at all, and not much of the vanilla either. I felt like they both smelled "perfumy." Even a bit like a floral in them.

That's how I felt about the Tea Tree and Lavender. People love these scents but I can't get past the smell!

Super Contributor

@KweenB wrote:
Am I the only person disappointed with the last 2 new seasonals?

With the Red Currant, I expected yo smell some fruity tartness. With the Vanilla Pumpkin, I expected to at least be able to smell pumpkin, but I couldn't smell that at all, and not much of the vanilla either. I felt like they both smelled "perfumy." Even a bit like a floral in them.

I'm not a fan of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin. The scent is too strong for me with is a first. I usually don't have a problem with any of the seasonal scents. I'm going to give it a friend. I haven't try Red Currant since I delayed my TSV shipment that has the new seasonal scents. I was debating on cancelling it. I'll try it and if I don't like it, I'll pass it on to the same friend that I'm giving Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin. 

Valued Contributor

For me, the scents were definitely unexpected, but the performance of both WRC and FVWP have been outstanding for my curls, so I will happily keep using.