WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Cucumber Aloe/Thyme oil users

I don't care for the smell of the oil with thyme. In my opinion the lavender mint smells way better.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal wrote:

I've ordered 2 TTV- (tea tre and fig) the right ones for my hair type ( long, course wavy) 

but I want to add one more just for smell = I know I like the smell of Lav and Cuc Aloe both of the CC 's,  

I originally was leaning towrd LAV but started reading posts and started swaying toward Cuc.aloe.    I need to order today since we are leaving for a long weekend...

@CoastalGal LAV is a disaster for my (not a lot) of thin/fine hair. That said, one of my best friends who has a lot of think/coarse hair loves it... and the LAV loves her hair. 

You've got coarse hair so that's a plus for LAV. I'd say that if you also have a lot of it, then LAV should probably work well for you. -- And if you like real Lavender from the south of France (like I do *s*), well you're in luck because Chaz uses the good (expensive) stuff. Smiley Happy

CA works well for me, but some folks find it to be a bit drying. lol, the only one that dries out my hair a bit is LAV. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

I've ordered 2 TTV- (tea tre and fig) the right ones for my hair type ( long, course wavy) 

but I want to add one more just for smell = I know I like the smell of Lav and Cuc Aloe both of the CC 's,  

I originally was leaning towrd LAV but started reading posts and started swaying toward Cuc.aloe.    I need to order today since we are leaving for a long weekend...

Well, I'm no help to you in making that decision 😃 My staple CCs are TT, CA (more often in summer), LAV and SAM (more often in winter). I can use any combo of these and have great hair. 

I'm not crazy about the Lavender/Mint oil, I really wish Chaz would've left out the mint. His lavender products smell soooo nice, I feel the mint interferes with what could've been an awesome oil. Since I have a full bottle of the LAV oil, I'm not ordering the TSV in LAV. 

I've already received the TSV in TT and will order another in CA. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ilovelife123 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

I know we had a recent thread about the core oils, but I'm looking for opinions on the CA/Thyme oil specifically. 

I saw ANewHue's "Inventory" thread, and realized I needed to check my stash. Sure enough, I have no extra CA CC on hand, just one opened bottle in my shower. It's one of my staples CCs, and I use it most often in the summer (hence the low bottle count). 

Since CA is rarely offered in the TSVs (or any other specials throughout the year), I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a TSV in it. I love the CC and SC, and will use the CA RTM. However, I'd like to hear y'all's opinions on the CA oil (I've only used the "old" CA oil, and it wasn't my favorite). Is the thyme fairly prevalent? I can handle nice and earthy, but I'd prefer not to smell like a salad bar. 

I LOVE the CC, and while I do use the oil, I find it to be a little "rude". I cut this oil with straight rosemary oil (like I do all my oils except TT, which I cut with straight TT oil) I don't really smell the thyme, but others might. I will order the most of this  formula in the TSV,  but it's moslty to secure the CA CC. I can use this oil, but I could easily see how this oil could be "offensively strong" to someone who is not used to it. If there is a black Friday sale on gallons (chazdean.com) I will grab at least 4 gallons of this one. I got 3 in June, and the third is almost gone. I MOVE through this formula since I use the oils nightly. Keeping it real for you Dox...Tea tree is earthy. This one is...LOUD.

What a great idea, I just received the tea tree treatment  oil yesterday!

Esteemed Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

CA is the only classic CC that I haven't tried. I like the idea of using it after an overnight oil treatment, since it is more astrigent .  So friday midnight, one CA, one TT.

I love the clarifyng aspect of CA. But with that I've also noticed some hair color fading with CA... Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Scents are so indiviudal- I really like the smell of 613 products but my bff thinks it's awful!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Scents are so indiviudal- I really like the smell of 613 products but my bff thinks it's awful!

lol, I love the 613 scent, but one of my best friends really dislikes it as well. If we're going out together, then I make sure not to wear it.

-- bebe Smiley Happy