WEN

Trusted Contributor

Cucumber Aloe/Thyme oil users

I know we had a recent thread about the core oils, but I'm looking for opinions on the CA/Thyme oil specifically. 

I saw ANewHue's "Inventory" thread, and realized I needed to check my stash. Sure enough, I have no extra CA CC on hand, just one opened bottle in my shower. It's one of my staples CCs, and I use it most often in the summer (hence the low bottle count). 

Since CA is rarely offered in the TSVs (or any other specials throughout the year), I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a TSV in it. I love the CC and SC, and will use the CA RTM. However, I'd like to hear y'all's opinions on the CA oil (I've only used the "old" CA oil, and it wasn't my favorite). Is the thyme fairly prevalent? I can handle nice and earthy, but I'd prefer not to smell like a salad bar. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cucumber Aloe/Thyme oil users

[ Edited ]

@DoxieMomma wrote:

I know we had a recent thread about the core oils, but I'm looking for opinions on the CA/Thyme oil specifically. 

I saw ANewHue's "Inventory" thread, and realized I needed to check my stash. Sure enough, I have no extra CA CC on hand, just one opened bottle in my shower. It's one of my staples CCs, and I use it most often in the summer (hence the low bottle count). 

Since CA is rarely offered in the TSVs (or any other specials throughout the year), I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a TSV in it. I love the CC and SC, and will use the CA RTM. However, I'd like to hear y'all's opinions on the CA oil (I've only used the "old" CA oil, and it wasn't my favorite). Is the thyme fairly prevalent? I can handle nice and earthy, but I'd prefer not to smell like a salad bar. 

I LOVE the CC, and while I do use the oil, I find it to be a little "rude". I cut this oil with straight rosemary oil (like I do all my oils except TT, which I cut with straight TT oil) I don't really smell the thyme, but others might. I will order the most of this  formula in the TSV,  but it's moslty to secure the CA CC. I can use this oil, but I could easily see how this oil could be "offensively strong" to someone who is not used to it. If there is a black Friday sale on gallons (chazdean.com) I will grab at least 4 gallons of this one. I got 3 in June, and the third is almost gone. I MOVE through this formula since I use the oils nightly. Keeping it real for you Dox...Tea tree is earthy. This one is...LOUD.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi DM- I really LOVE the oil.  To me it's very fresh and spa like, which is why I like it. In winter I like to rotate CA with my other oils because it smells like Summer. Right now I'm hunting I have my one and only bottle missing and with all this talk about CA I want to do a treatment.s.

Trusted Contributor

@Ilovelife123 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

I LOVE the CC, and while I do use the oil, I find it to be a little "rude". I cut this oil with straight rosemary oil (like I do all my oils except TT, which I cut with straight TT oil) I don't really smell the thyme, but others might. I will order the most of this  formula in the TSV,  but it's moslty to secure the CA CC. I can use this oil, but I could easily see how this oil could be "offensively strong" to someone who is not used to it. If there is a black Friday sale on gallons (chazdean.com) I will grab at least 4 gallons of this one. I got 3 in June, and the third is almost gone. I MOVE through this formula since I use the oils nightly. Keeping it real for you Dox...Tea tree is earthy. This one is...LOUD.

Lord have mercy......you've used almost three gallons of CA since June??? 😳

Sorry, that distracted me......now back to CA oil.......I appreciate your honesty regarding the scent. I'm trying to use up the old CA oil by adding it my lavender body lotion, but you've given me a great idea to add essential oils to it. I have several different ones on hand (rosemary, lavender, etc), that may help make it a bit more palatable. 

I only ordered one TSV in TT, already have an extra gallon on hand, plus two bottles of TT oil. I'm sure I'll order it in CA also, just trying to get a feel for the oil. Thanks for the description! 

Trusted Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Hi DM- I really LOVE the oil.  To me it's very fresh and spa like, which is why I like it. In winter I like to rotate CA with my other oils because it smells like Summer. Right now I'm hunting I have my one and only bottle missing and with all this talk about CA I want to do a treatment.s.

"Spa like" and "smells like summer" are great.......straight up salad bar is what I'm looking to avoid 😄

Y'all have convinced me, I need a TSV in CA, the oil might not be my favorite, but it's too good of a value to pass up!

Trusted Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

@Ilovelife123 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

Lord have mercy......you've used almost three gallons of CA since June??? 😳

Sorry, that distracted me......now back to CA oil.......I appreciate your honesty regarding the scent. I'm trying to use up the old CA oil by adding it my lavender body lotion, but you've given me a great idea to add essential oils to it. I have several different ones on hand (rosemary, lavender, etc), that may help make it a bit more palatable. 

I only ordered one TSV in TT, already have an extra gallon on hand, plus two bottles of TT oil. I'm sure I'll order it in CA also, just trying to get a feel for the oil. Thanks for the description! 

Yes, I go THROUGH some CC. I'm tall and my hair is at least bra strap length, if not longer by now. Also, my husband has HIS OWN gallon of TT, so the CA is mine alone. I cleanse every day, sometimes (possibly once or twice a week) twice a day. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ilovelife123 Gotcha! I go through a lot of CC, but not that much, lol. I probably don't notice it as much because I use several different formulas. It's always TT or CA for my first cleanse (and often TT for my second), so I go through those most frequently. 

wish my man would want his own gallon......he's not much on Wen, he likes his lather. 

I saw saw where you said that you do oil treatments every night. Not trying to be too nosey, but is there any particular reason? I've been slacking on them lately (maybe one each week). Do you notice a substantial difference in using the oils constantly?

Occasional Contributor

I enjoy the scent of the cucumber thyme oil, but it doesn't really smell like either cucumber or thyme to me. It's more of an earthy, peppery scent. It's pretty strong, but I find it relaxing.

Trusted Contributor

@pennstate94 wrote:

I enjoy the scent of the cucumber thyme oil, but it doesn't really smell like either cucumber or thyme to me. It's more of an earthy, peppery scent. It's pretty strong, but I find it relaxing.

Thanks for the description! I'm going to get another TSV ordered in CA right away!

Trusted Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

@Ilovelife123 Gotcha! I go through a lot of CC, but not that much, lol. I probably don't notice it as much because I use several different formulas. It's always TT or CA for my first cleanse (and often TT for my second), so I go through those most frequently. 

wish my man would want his own gallon......he's not much on Wen, he likes his lather. 

I saw saw where you said that you do oil treatments every night. Not trying to be too nosey, but is there any particular reason? I've been slacking on them lately (maybe one each week). Do you notice a substantial difference in using the oils constantly?

You're not being nosy! LOL. The main reason I do them is because they make my hair look great and grow quickly..I don't use a blow dryer or any styling products. I literally cleanse and go, and throw my hair up in a tshirt while I'm getting dressed. Then it comes down and that's it. I comb it once. I see a HUGE difference both in the condition and the rate of growth. I can't even use SC in my hair, it makes me feel like my hair is not clean. Because I am so averse to any leave -ins, I find the oils make my hair look great for a "wash and go" girl.