WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bella Spirit Texture Paste

@rochelleS wrote:

@BExplorer 

Have you ever considered trying some remoist to coax your curls? Play with your curls you want, on not too wet hair, let it dry then gently scrunch or squeeze the dried residual. Voila! Soft curls. The paste may add to this, I haven't tried the two in any combination. I must experiment. 

Ooh, thanks for the tip @rochelleS ! 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol 

HaHa, so glad you got the paste. Keep playing with it. You may have used too much this first time.

When I use this on barely damp to practically dry hair, I scrunch around the top of my crown and then flip my head down and continue to work it in all over. It's when I stand back up, I have big hair. I laughed and told you once that it's so big it hits the neighboring county! 😲 It's the crown and root coverage that does this neat trick. Not to worry though, totally manageable. I use my fingers to then style. Chaz did state to use this last on styled hair for additional texture and volume. I just wanted to remind you to be prepared for beaucoup volume. I love it! And hope you do too as you become accustomed to the benefits and variety of achievable results. ❤

@rochelleS 

As we say in the south, “the higher the hair, the closer to the Lord!”  I can’t wait until mine arrives...should be Tuesday(ish).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - Well, with that statement being said, I should be able to pick you out from the crowd next time you are in my neck of the woods, lol.

Respected Contributor

Oh gosh moving during all these shows & new products is killing me!

I need volume all the time, flat hair & I do not mix...lol

I am ordering the paste pronto if you get volume, the new humidity & water & wind, are challenging me right now...Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

i'm strugging using this product.  it's almost too sticky - like hairspray in a paste -- and it makes my hair frizzy.

i use a small amount.  thinking of returning it....which bums me out.  

suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Be sure to let us know how high to Heaven you get! Smiley Wink

@SurferWife wrote:

@rochelleS 

As we say in the south, “the higher the hair, the closer to the Lord!”  I can’t wait until mine arrives...should be Tuesday(ish).

Honored Contributor

@riley1 

@riley1 wrote:

@SurferWife - Well, with that statement being said, I should be able to pick you out from the crowd next time you are in my neck of the woods, lol.

LOL! Very funny. 

Honored Contributor

My review of the Bella Spirit Texture Paste is that I really like it. I have used @77yangya favorite, the WEN Men's paste, but prefer this one.

For a long time I used another brand's "flocker," which worked very well for me, but wanting to stay true to Chaz and all he does for us, I was really hoping that this new paste would work equally well, if not better, than the other brand.

I used a very, very little bit, like he demonstrates, and it works wonderfully in my short, fine hair. I rub that little bit in my hands and then run my fingers thru my hair, like I am trying to mess it up. Then using my fingers, I just do little "piecey" shaping, not using the comb or brush. It gives my hair a tossled look, kind of like a pixie piecing of the hair. Hope that makes sense.

Love it!

Honored Contributor

@LucysMommy The only suggestion I can think of is to use even a smaller amount than you are already using. I have gotten a sticky feel to my hair when I use too much (of his WEN Men's paste). So I have learned from that and another brand I tried that it doesn't take much. I use about the size of a small pea; definitely nothing more.

I have definitely not had any problem with frizziness.

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@LucysMommy 

First off, try using less, much less as others are too suggesting. I warm the paste in my palms then rub my hands together throughally coating my fingers. With finger spread out or splayed, move along your scalp in a lifting motion along and up from your roots to lightly apply the paste. I start in the front and work my way around. My hands are always moving up and out, away from my scalp. Because my hair is long, I flip my head while applying. So very little is needed to achieve desired results! Less is more with this product. Any product on my palms gets applied in the upward hand movement. I do not rub or press the paste in. My goal is to coat the hair shafts for best results.

Have you ever used any other product like this with positive results or are you new to a texturing item?

We are here to help!