WEN

Honored Contributor

I'd really like to try these, but I have a hard time understanding scent descriptions when Chaz just lists the notes. He does a great job, and I know it's helpful to everyone- it's just I have trouble with understanding notes.

Can any of you who have any of these please describe your own opinion about these scents? TIA!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, beach-mom, tsavorite and I were discussing it on "can anyone elaborate" thread. 

We were talking about the Blessing Series ones.  Hopefully others will share their experiences.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Image walking into a fragrance house and finding scents color coded, categorized, and grouped as shown below.  

lidb3andzix11.jpg

I found this scent chart quite a while ago, and it has been helpful to me in getting to know and understand what types of scent I do (and dont) like. 

First I used the chart with products I already have. Individual smells or pairings I dislike were just as instructive as those I like. 

Then I mark the notes from products I've never smelled, onto the chart. Of course fragrance blooms over time as the carrier dissipates and the essential oils are warmed by your skin. After a little practice I can tell on the chart what scent groupings will suit me better than others from the information Chaz provides.

Hope this is helpful @beach-mom .

Honored Contributor

Thank you @77yangya - I'll check out that thread.

@x Hedge - Your chart did help. It also helps that I can refer to it again!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

@x Hedge That color/scent wheel is wonderful!  Thanks!

Does anyone have HOPE?  I love richer scents but I do not like coconut, which is listed as a note.  But there are times coconut is listed as a note with woody scents and I don;t smell it at all.

@77yangya - I'd like your input.  Over the years, I notice I seem to like the same scents you do (you are one of the few I remember liking WEN MEN as I do)!

Respected Contributor

@gemslily wrote:

@x Hedge That color/scent wheel is wonderful!  Thanks!

Does anyone have HOPE?  I love richer scents but I do not like coconut, which is listed as a note.  But there are times coconut is listed as a note with woody scents and I don;t smell it at all.

@77yangya - I'd like your input.  Over the years, I notice I seem to like the same scents you do (you are one of the few I remember liking WEN MEN as I do)!

Hi, gemsilly,   Yes, I love Wen Men.  I think Hope smells deep, rich, spicy, warm with some coconut notes in there.  To my nose, it's not harsh.  I feel the others are too citrusy and too harsh.  Hope is nice, I like it and had a few NBTs in it.  It's a bit sweet but not overly.  Hope this helped. XO  I adore the new fall and winter ones!

Respected Contributor

Hedge, thank you for posting that.  I think it would be a good idea to keep this current.  Sort of, keep it here so that when one enters the forum, boom!  It's there!

Respected Contributor

As soon as someone gets their sample of HONESTY, can you give the ingredient deck and your scent impressions?

BTW - Hi again to everyone! There are so many newbies here since I last posted regularly.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle - Hey there. Good to see you again. You haven't been around in awhile. Hope you are well. Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - Thank you for posting that wheel. Somehow I missed it before. I'm thinking this might help me out a lot when trying to find scents that agree with me.