Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever tried these?  If so, are they worth the money?  Do they keep your clothes from getting wrinkled?  Have you used them on both checked in bags and carryons?   TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: ? about ebags Packing Cubes

[ Edited ]

We travel a lot and have used only packing cubes and folders for packing since 2005.  When you open our suitcases you will see nothing floating around.  Everything is in a cube or a folder.  I use the cubes for things like underwear -- nightgowns -- socks -- etc.  I use the packing folders for my actual clothing -- and yes -- it does help them from wrinkling.  When we were on a trip to Italy years ago a man on our trip came up to me one day and said "I have to ask you a question.  Are you or your husband ironing his shirts every day?"  Neither of us had touched an iron.  Everybody I know who travels a lot uses the folders and cubes.  And yes -- I have used them in both carry on and checked luggage.

Respected Contributor

I bought a 4 piece set of packing cubes from ebags about a year ago. They fit perfectly in my carry-on in two layers.  I really like them.  I feel like I can get more in my carry-on suitcase and everything stays neater.  I watched a YouTube video on how to use packing cubes (rolling your clothes). I’m not sure if my clothes stay more wrinkle free though.  I always take a carry-on but on the really small regional jets they take our carry-on suitcases and put them underneath since the overhead bins are so small. 

Respected Contributor

A friend gave me some packing cubes years ago, and I used them once. Hated them. They took up too much room in my bag. I use gallon ziplock bags, roll them and squeeze the air out, kind of like a mini space bag. Works great for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Love mine.  Use them all the time.  Easy to organize and expecially when we get to the hotel or cruise ship.  Everything is ready to wear.  And yes, no real problems with wrinkles.

Packing cubes are always on sale somewhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have packing cubes and packing envelopes.  I love them. I use the packing envelopes more often, especially for shirts and tops.

They keep clothing from shifting and getting wrinkled.  They also allow you to place your clothing in sideways in the cubes and make more space.  If your suitcase is opened, they keep TSA from handling and messing up everything.  

When you get to the motel, you can just put the cubes in a drawer, no need to really unpack.

I have been using them since the 1990's.  I have the ones made by e-bags and some from Samsonite.  Both are about the same in quality.

i have quite a collection in many sizes.  The medium size is my favorite for the cubes.  The shirt size is my favorite for the envelopes.

i use them in carryons, check throughs and even in my RV.

Respected Contributor

I bought the Samantha Brown packing cubes from HSN. They work great. When I get to my hotel, I put the cubes in the drawers without having to unpack my items.

Super Contributor

I love using packing cubes.  I roll my shirts and put them in one cube.  My shorts/slacks/jeans are rolled and put in another.  Of course, my underwear is in a cube.  Since the shirts and bottoms are rolled it is so easy to see what is in the cube and no ironing required.  This is the best way for me to be organized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a set from e Bags to take on my trip to Las Vegas last weekend. I only took a small carry on, and I liked how neat they kept everything in my suitcase. The small horizontal ones were perfect for socks and underwear, and I could fit them behind the mesh zippered portion of my suitcase. My clothes were less wrinkled, but I still ironed them in my hotel room. I never want my clothes to have any wrinkles, it's just a hangup I have.

I stayed at the Park MGM, the rooms are very stylish and cool looking. So no dressers or drawers or closets-just a small mirrored armoire with one rod and a couple of shelves. So I was happy to have the cubes to store things in. Maybe at home I can find some uses for my extras.

They would be great in a larger checked bag. I do think they work best for clothing that's made from thinner fabrics. At least as far as fitting them in just a carry on.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Has anyone ever tried these?  If so, are they worth the money?  Do they keep your clothes from getting wrinkled?  Have you used them on both checked in bags and carryons?   TIA

@Boehm Collector  Agreeing with the other posters, they are worth the money. They keep my clothes organized-- socks and underwears in one, shirts in another...etc.