Honored Contributor

Re: What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

Jaspers Mom: We love our house. Do not like crowds. We just like to stay home.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

Re: Wghat is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

August we are driving to Norfolk hopefully by way of the Skyline Drive. Don't want anywhere near D.C. traffic. My husband's Marine Corps reunion is in Norfolk this year. I checked into flying but we're 2 hours from an airport. I think it's a better use of our time to drive.

I would love to go back to Ireland but that will have to wait till next year. The kitchen redo comes first. There's a RailTours Ireland I have my eye on.

February we spent 4 days in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Trusted Contributor

The end of May we are going to Europe  for 17 days. We start in Holland, then Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Liechtenstein.  Then take the rest of the summer to recoup. 

Honored Contributor

Asheville is on my bucket list.  I want to visit the Biltmore House.

I will be driving also if I get the opportunity to go.

I'd rather travel by train or car.   Not sure what it would take to get me on a plane.

Enjoy your travels.

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Was just watching the Today show for storm info. Never watch any of the morning shows, and I find some are in Scotland. One of my favorite trips a few years ago. So fun to see it again. 

Anyway, this year we are staying in the States. Going with my sister and driving to Ashville NC. Blue Ridge mts, Smokey Mts, etc. Driving. 

Our close friends have health problems and live upstate NY. They love the Jersey Shore so we will go upstate and pick them up and rent a house with a pool for all of us. They are so excited. 

Husband just got back from Vegas. These days it takes a lot to get me on a plane unless it is first class and it wasn't worth it for me just for Vegas. So we will just drive this year. Maybe next year will be more exciting!

Honored Contributor

I actually get homesick if I'm gone too long.

I'm not much of a traveler.   I understand.

@ncascade wrote:

Jaspers Mom: We love our house. Do not like crowds. We just like to stay home.

Esteemed Contributor

@chprsp wrote:

February we spent 4 days in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Did you see the Northern Lights?

Also, I just bookmarked the Railtours Ireland page - thanks for the mention.

Respected Contributor

Yes we did after being driven into the surrounding countryside. The driver said it was the furthest he'd driven before "catching" the lights. I was a bit disappointed the lights were muted by we did see them. Also took a Golden Circle tour plus the Blue Lagoon. The weather was warmer than it was at home.  I wish we had had longer.

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

The end of May we are going to Europe  for 17 days. We start in Holland, then Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Liechtenstein.  Then take the rest of the summer to recoup. 

Are you going on a group tour? 

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

Wow, it is a great trip!!!! You will at least get a taste of each place.Too bad it is not the beginning of May, you are gonna miss the tulips. But  it is plenty of other things to enjoy.Been to all of these countries except Switzerland.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been trying for a while to get tickets to the new Smithsonian Museum in Washington.  Can't just walk in like the rest of the museums.  So disappointed.  It's my favorite thing to do in D.C.  Since I won't be doing that, I've moved up my trip to Vegas to see a couple of artists and do a little playing.

Later this year, I will be going to either Barbados or St. Martin/Sint Maarten.

*Call Tyrone*