Respected Contributor

What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

We are going to France.  This time we are flying to Bordeaux, staying in Saint-Emilion. Then driving to Sarlat ( Dordogne), and then to Carcassone (Langedoc-Roussillon.)

Very,very exciting !!!!!

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

We hate to travel so no plans.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

We hate to travel so no plans.

How come? 

Trusted Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

We are going to France.  This time we are flying to Bordeaux, staying in Saint-Emilion. Then driving to Sarlat ( Dordogne), and then to Carcassone (Langedoc-Roussillon.)

Very,very exciting !!!!!

How about you?

My hope is to do Ireland this year.  However, traveling is a big production and I hate how they pack passengers on planes today.   It takes more time at the airports than the actual flight.  Takes some joy out of the trip.

Esteemed Contributor

In September we are going to Israel, Malta, Athens, Santorini and Mykonos.  I live part of the year in Italy and will be there Easter, August and December.....we are in the process of making arrangements for a warm climate for a month between Jan and March....we came back from Hawaii to early; it would have been nice to miss this storm. 

Esteemed Contributor

Your French trip sounds wonderful! I barely like driving in another state; can't imagine another country!

The trips I either have a deposit down or are fully paid:

May - Empress of the Seas - 5 night going to Key West, Havana and Cozumel. (Smallest ship in the fleet; will be interesting as I've been going on the largest. But, fingers crossed, my mother will go with me and the size will work for her.)

June - Anthem of the Seas - 5 night going to Bar Harbor and Halifax (I really like this ship!)

November - Zimbabwe - ~2 weeks

December 2018 - Symphony of the Seas - 7 night going to St Kitts, St Thomas and Nassau. I got caught up in the excitement on Cruise Critic as the itineraries just opened. I am interested in seeing the ship decorated for the holidays.

But, I have a 10 year plan of places I'm trying to go!! Ha ha. May not make them all, but I like having a plan so I can budget.
Super Contributor

I am going to Ethiopia in July.  My daughter  and her family live there, and if I want to see them I have to keep following them around. Miss my grandkids so much. It's been 18 months since I've seen them. Wish they were posted in Italy!

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Very,very exciting !!!!!

How about you?

My hope is to do Ireland this year.  However, traveling is a big production and I hate how they pack passengers on planes today.   It takes more time at the airports than the actual flight.  Takes some joy out of the trip.

I know  that today is a different world, but I never ever let any airport inconvenience rob me out of the joy of travelling. Nothing stands between me and my fav destinations!!!!!!

That is my attitude!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

I am going to Ethiopia in July.  My daughter  and her family live there, and if I want to see them I have to keep following them around. Miss my grandkids so much. It's been 18 months since I've seen them. Wish they were posted in Italy!

Oh.. I feel for you, grandma! As long as you get a chance to see them.." Of course Italy would be perfect, ahhh

Honored Contributor

Was just watching the Today show for storm info. Never watch any of the morning shows, and I find some are in Scotland. One of my favorite trips a few years ago. So fun to see it again. 

Anyway, this year we are staying in the States. Going with my sister and driving to Ashville NC. Blue Ridge mts, Smokey Mts, etc. Driving. 

Our close friends have health problems and live upstate NY. They love the Jersey Shore so we will go upstate and pick them up and rent a house with a pool for all of us. They are so excited. 

Husband just got back from Vegas. These days it takes a lot to get me on a plane unless it is first class and it wasn't worth it for me just for Vegas. So we will just drive this year. Maybe next year will be more exciting!