Honored Contributor

This weekend my daughter, son-in-law, and I went up to Loomis/Auburn area which is about 30 miles or so north and a skosh east of Sacramento, CA.  It was warm but not too bad.  On Saturday we ate lunch at Tap and Vine in Auburn - fabulous!  Then we walked around the town a bit, checked into our "Inn" and went for a swim.  The motel was not great so won't mention the name but it was reasonable and clean and ok for one night.  Saturday night we had an event to go to in Loomis.  It was so charming.  It was on a farm, dinner was outside.  We sat at a table covered in flowers that were grown on the farm, had haybales for benches, and made homemade pizza in the outdoor pizza oven.  Lights were strung among the trees and beer and wine were in a large metal bucket with ice.  There was water and lemonade for those that didn't want to drink alcohol.  Lots of wonderful salads to go with the pizza and fresh tomatoes from the garden.  Dessert was ice cream with fresh blackberries and blueberries from the garden also.  It was lovely.  The table was set so beautifully with stoneware plates of all different patters and the silverware was different kinds/patterns also.  The children hit a pinata after dinner and candy was everywhere - just what they needed more sugar!  The homemade pizzas were wonderful with all different toppings - some unsual combos that I wouldn't have thought of and boy were they good!  The evening was the perfect temp to sit outside.  A wonderful evening of good food, drink, and making new friends.  It was a delightful way to spend my birthday weekend!

This morning, Sunday, we woke up and had breakfast at "Awful Annies!"  LOL  It was recommended to us by a local person and it was wonderful!  It was packed with people but its a large place so we didn't have to wait long.  My DD and I had tropical mimosas with our breakfast.  I had the best french toast and bacon I've had in a while.  After breakfast we headed home.  

Now I'm going to relax and enjoy the rest of my birthday day and count my blessings for such a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Weekend Travel Adventure

Valued Contributor

What wonderful experience with your family.  Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Happy Birthday, fellow traveler! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday weekend!!

A8AABC80-BD49-432D-9E31-9650B4AA9299.jpeg