Occasional Contributor

VIKING RIVER CRUISE DOWN THE RHINE RIVER JULY 2017

My darling husband and I recently came back from the Rhine River Cruise with Viking. We had the best time ever. All inclusive including my airfare. The entire trip for 10 days were what I expected it to be, and more. We have seen the old cathedral in Cologne, Alacse France, Heildelberg, and many other places and ended our tour in Basel, Switzerland. We thought as we were walking into the small town that there were alot of tourists, and alot of pick pocketers, but they could not get to my purse ever since I purchased my purse a few years ago which was the cross body. I loved it so much. I am also jet lagged, I only came in last night. I loved my little purse, recently I purchased a lock for it, but no one can ever get into it without a combination, What I noticed after I purchased this purse and I was in the airport, I noticed that it had side openings, which I never knew before to hide I guess big bills, which I also used. I kept my rescue inhaler and some ear buds for the airplane which made it so handy. I love QVC, I have so much fun to order almost all of my retirement money on here. Infact I just ordered some more Breezies Bras and a Green Food Processor, I was waiting for the price to drop down and it sure did!! Thanks QVC for all you do for us shoppers. So now my family says what you want for christmas I say I want a gift card from QVC to buy what I need, which is not much, after being married for 30 yrs what else can I use? Well.... we shall see.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Re: VIKING RIVER CRUISE DOWN THE RHINE RIVER JULY 2017

Something I have always wanted to do since my aunt and uncle were stationed in Germany for years - the photos they brought back!  Just lovely - glad you had a fabulous time. 

Respected Contributor

@Naki-Poo Sounds like a great trip!  What brand crossbody did you take? 

Occasional Contributor

For some reason I can not remember the name but it was I believe the red swede Tiangello I got about 7 yrs ago. I saved it for my trips on ventures for more than 4 days.

Occasional Contributor

I was told that if i tell others how much i loved viking and they book a cruise with them and mention my name if you care to get in touch with us, you will also get a discount on this trip or any viking trips and i get a discount as well.. thats how they do this. think about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Naki-Poo,

I am glad that you had such a good trip. Viking is THE river cruise company in Europe. My mother did the same trip a few years ago and loved it. The Danube one is also fantastic.🌻We went with Avalon to the Mekong River and it was also great.

Respected Contributor

We drove in Germany along the Rhine river. Beautiful castles, views and pretty good white wines !

Valued Contributor

I did this same (or similar) itinerary with Viking in December 2016 and visited the Christmas markets.  It was wonderful.  I wish I could take another Christmas market cruise this year.