Contributor

We are doing a Coleseum Tour at Night.  I have issues with knees & steps not my favorite.  How high are the steps going up/down into Coleseum?  Are there rails for the steps?  If they're too high or too steep, I may have to take a pass.

Contributor

There is an elevator which our private guide enabled us to use.

Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Wow - that sounds beautiful!  I was on class trip to Rome this past Easter break and we were at the Colisseum, during the day unfortunately.  Would love to see it at night.

I know there are elevators, but with 44 students, I had to walk up those stinkin' steps - more than onceWoman Frustrated.  I'm way too old for that!

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

Wow - that sounds beautiful!  I was on class trip to Rome this past Easter break and we were at the Colisseum, during the day unfortunately.  Would love to see it at night.

I know there are elevators, but with 44 students, I had to walk up those stinkin' steps - more than onceWoman Frustrated.  I'm way too old for that!

Those steps are killers, unlike steps anywhere else.  Usually steps are not nearly as bad coming down but the ones at the Colisseum are equally awful.

Contributor

I originally posted about the Colesseum steps.  My dilemna is solved.  The Colesseum is closed the night of our tour.  We were rescheduled for following night, but we will be on our ship heading to first port after a sea day.

Our only tours are the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel.  And a Foodie tour to sample various Italian specialties.  We will still be jet lagged on Sat so not going to set the world on fire by touring alot that am.  Our tour is mid afternoon that Sunday.  Our cruise is two back to back cruises; followed by a transatlantic back to FLL departing Oct 27.  34 days at sea...our longest by 5 days on a previous cruise.  Next summer doing HAL's Voyage of the Vikings RT from Boston.  NO international flights.....hooray! Thats 37 days.

Have wanted to do it for 10 years...next summer is it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Cruzzing wrote:

I originally posted about the Colesseum steps.  My dilemna is solved.  The Colesseum is closed the night of our tour.  We were rescheduled for following night, but we will be on our ship heading to first port after a sea day.

Our only tours are the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel.  And a Foodie tour to sample various Italian specialties.  We will still be jet lagged on Sat so not going to set the world on fire by touring alot that am.  Our tour is mid afternoon that Sunday.  Our cruise is two back to back cruises; followed by a transatlantic back to FLL departing Oct 27.  34 days at sea...our longest by 5 days on a previous cruise.  Next summer doing HAL's Voyage of the Vikings RT from Boston.  NO international flights.....hooray! Thats 37 days.

Have wanted to do it for 10 years...next summer is it!

I enjoy watching a YOUTUBE channel by.Harald  Baldar.

He has some lovely videos about Italy.

Have wonderful trip.