Valued Contributor

Sorry,I wasn't very clear.Delta is charging me 500 dollars to change the dates.The Allianz agent filed a claim for me.When I asked him how much I would get back, he said the refund will be for the whole amount.

I don't have any hope, but I will provide all the necessary documents.

I have traveled for the last 24 years to Italy every year and this is the second and probably the last time I get insurance.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travel Insurance Help

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

Sorry,I wasn't very clear.Delta is charging me 500 dollars to change the dates.The Allianz agent filed a claim for me.When I asked him how much I would get back, he said the refund will be for the whole amount.

I don't have any hope, but I will provide all the necessary documents.

I have traveled for the last 24 years to Italy every year and this is the second and probably the last time I get insurance.

Ah - I think it's really quite stupid they don't allow changes, but I'm pretty sure most airlines do charge per leg to change dates (I'm used to using Southwest and there's no issue - heck, I usually use points and can get them refunded if I cancel a trip).

I had no idea insurance would pay for something like this, but I presume it's because your mother is sick.  I would think this would be a reason to continue to get insurance - otherwise, you would have been out the $500.  However, I'm sure had you been getting insurance the past 24 years, it also would have cost more than the $500 too!! LOL

I was just told something that I'm not sure is true, but I didn't independently research it either. I was just told that most people's health insurances will pay for claims overseas.  I always thought it was the opposite, so it sounded fishy to me.  But, if true, many people would have no reason to get insurance any more!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

oh I'm sorry misunderstood thought you were concerned about making a upcoming cruise.

Frontier has been a great way for me to travel sadly, they stop our market in November.  The only time I fly them is when it's under $100/rt.  I have been delayed but never cancelled yet!

@homedecor1, I started this thread in April so at the time, I was concerned about an upcoming cruise.  LOL But I've learned even more now about transfers, etc.  We are planning on another.  We loved it.

I've known several people who had cancellations with Frontier and swore them off.  My boss' flight home from Florida was cancelled and it was going to be 2 days before they could get him on another flight.  He ended up renting a car and driving home.  A friend of mine got cancelled coming home from Ft. Myers and it was 4 days before they got another flight out.

Since then though I know several people who have flown without hassle.  My husband flew in January using Frontier without issue and one of my other bosses uses them all the time without issue. 

Our flights were super cheap.  I booked the flight down when I booked the cruise and then several weeks later booked the flight home.  I hit a sale and got 1 flight for $59.00 and the other for $29.00.