Frequent Contributor

going to Disney late September

what is the weather like then ,what kind of clothing to take and what kind of shoes please

Respected Contributor

Re: going to Disney late September

Florida or California?

Honored Contributor

perfect time for Disneyworld Fl during day high 70s evenings somewhat cooler. (Although weather here is unpredictable!)

shoes something very comfy & breathable. I logged 18 miles of walking 1day at Disney parks. I would also go to $$ store & buy ponchos in case it rains while in park $1 vs $11-14 in park.

Honored Contributor

Awwwwwwwww my heart will forever love that place. It's always been close to my life in some way growing up and through life.  I'd love to go again and again, the body says, sorry, no.  But they can't take that away from me.  

Respected Contributor

Factually, the average Temperatures in Orlando in September is 90 during the day and 70's in the evening. 

Comfortable shoes that have tread ( in case it rains) that are secure ( no flip flops)... Sandals or sneakers, ...

Respected Contributor

Late Sept. is a good time - less crowded, less humid, rain chance decreased.

The temp may still be upper 80's, but the humidity here will be lower.

Having been a frequent visitor at the Fl. parks for many years, my SAS sandals always served me well - cushioned, soft, leather, no rubbing.

i agree with the person who said buy plastic ponchos at $ store to keep with you.  It is still rain season, just less chance. Sunglasses, sun screen and lots of water.

Most of all enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for enjoy word images

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I are going back in the beginning of October!! We love ❤️ that place!! We've been to Disneyworld so many times I've lost count.

If you rent a car & feel like being adventurous drive to nearby Kissimmee.There is a fabulous BBQ place called Fat Boys.It's been there for over 50 years.All the locals eat there.We've been going there for about 35 years.Prices are cheap & service is great  👍.

Have fun!!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

perfect time for Disneyworld Fl during day high 70s evenings somewhat cooler. (Although weather here is unpredictable!)

shoes something very comfy & breathable. I logged 18 miles of walking 1day at Disney parks. I would also go to $$ store & buy ponchos in case it rains while in park $1 vs $11-14 in park.

LOL!  do you promise those highs in the 70's  ?? 

only kidding ... but i would LOVE it if it were true. i don't believe we will see anything in the 70s till October at the earliest.  

the reality is that it will still be plenty hot in September.

whatever shoes you decide, be sure to bring socks or peds.  i saw a young lady with (obviously NEW) adidas on the other day at disney and both of her heels were rubbed raw and bleeding.  why did she not go into a shop and buy a pair of socks?? 

hope you have a magical time! 

Frequent Contributor

thank you to everyone for your input, it all helps