Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Thanks for responding to @Lainie T post. That would be awesome if you can find out who your family dealt with for the housing. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks @World Traveler, @proudlyfromNJ, @Alter Ego (& anyone else I may have missed) for replying to my question. Yes, I've pretty much decided to go with one of the "big names" in the vacation rental bisiness & have even made note of a couple of solid possibilities I've found in Venice & Florence. I guess research & reading the reviews is the best thing. Since I've been to all of the cities several times, I'm somewhat familiar with the areas in which we'd like to rent & would feel safe in letting the girls walk around by themselves -- I hope we're as happy with my choices as we've been with our hotel choices on previous trips (fingers crossed).

Vacation rentals definitely seem like a good way to go when you're looking for lodging for a group larger than 2 or 3. Even a family room wouldn't do for a group of this size -- & extra bathrooms are a real plus!

Thanks again for your replies! Happy travels!

Lainie

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

Hey Folks, 

Joy Mangano has a new 3 piece spin wheel  luggage set over on HSN. (Large,Medium,Tote)

No reviews because this is a new item. 

Check it out and do let me know what you think . DH questions the quality of these?

I have two nice Joy Mangano  leather totes in Black and Cognac and like them a lot  and some of her organize roll up cases.  See a movie about Joy called *JOY!*  LOL

WE ARE STILL HOPING FOR A TRAVEL FORUM PLEASE Mr/Ms MODERATORS!!    

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Now I see some comments over on  *Community Chat* about Joy Magano luggage. 

One poster had a similar set a few years ago  and was NOT happy with it.   

I think I will pass on this for now, my  Swiss Red! Carry On is paid for and still works. LOL It is a wheeled drag along and I would prefer the spinner wheel style. My next carry on needs to meet international plane carry on upper bin size standards,  I wish all these size restrictions were standard on ALL planes  USA and International!  The numbers even vary between airline carriers in the USA and is quite confusing to say the least.   

WE ARE STILL HOPING FOR A TRAVEL FORUM Mr/Ms MODERATOR PLEASE!! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor
I hope everyone will indulge me. I'm trying to do something "different" each month around my own home turf. Today I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden, located in Glencoe. Over 40 years old, the 385 acre area has 27 gardens, four natural areas and six miles of lake shoreline. I've only been here a few times before - most recently to see a blooming Titan Arum - but didn't spend a significant amount of time here.

But, the orchid show is in town and it's in the 60s, so I made the short trek to the north shore.

I recommend others to go and support their own botanic gardens. Or, if you are visiting Chicago, to consider a trip up here (but maybe not in the winter months as, although we have Spring weather, we do not have Spring flowers!). I will return when everything is green. Hope you enjoy some photos.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow - I had a really hard time picking which photos to post because there were so many different species of orchids!

IMG_3038.JPGIMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travel Chat

[ Edited ]

Various other photos around the Garden. Hope you enjoy!!

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG

Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Thank you for posting the beautiful orchid pictures! Travel in our own area IS a good thing.

I am an orchid  *hobby* person and have a small  group of them in my kitchen.  

Your pictures are quite inspiring! 

It is like Spring here in SW GA and the azalea bushes are already in bloom!   

WE ARE STILL HOPING FOR A TRAVEL FORUM FOLKS!!   

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I can certainly see why it was hard to choose which orchids to post. Simply beautiful. Heart

You should post those over on the Garden forum too (if you haven't already). I'm sure the people there would enjoy them as much as we do.

When I put together a book of my photos for a particular country, I always try to have at least one page of flowers/plants. There were lovely flowers in Ireland last summer. Assume I will have many photos to take this summer when I'm traveling overseas. Will try to remember to post them for all of you.

You are really very good at taking pictures. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler, wasn't my BIL in Italy, otherwise I'd comment!!  LM