Honored Contributor

Safe Travel @World Traveler!

Wanted to wish @WorldTraveler  a safe and wonderful trip.  Check in when you can and have fun!

Judy

Honored Contributor

Re: Safe Travel @World Traveler!

@JudyL Oh, how very nice of you to think of me! Thank you. Heart

I am almost all ready to go. Leave late afternoon tomorrow, 20th, and will spend the first five days in London. Imagine there are a lot of people staying away from there due to so many unfortunate events going on there. I feel so badly for those people. One thing after another for them.

Just saw that my Lug Ace is 30 miles from me. It is one of those "UPS by US mail" sort of shipments and is due tomorrow. Am hoping that I will see a notice today saying that UPS "will be in the area and we will deliver it for you instead of the post office," and I get it today. Otherwise, I will not have it in time to take with me. Smiley Sad

I plan to post regularly once I get acclimated. Since you are going to the same places in the fall, I will make sure to give you as many details/tips as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing Wales, and especially the Scotland Highlands. The cruise around the Baltic Sea should be very interesting. Didn't realize so many countries had their capitols sitting by the Sea, but makes sense. It's will be a great opportunity to visit seven of those countries.

Talked with my 98-year-old mother the other day. She is so thoughtful, but funny. She said, "Now if I die while you are gone, I don't want you to come home. You enjoy yourself. I won't know you aren't at the funeral." ha! She is a character! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  Have a wonderful trip!  Can't wait to hear all about it. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Oh, I love that! Thank you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic Thank you! I hope I have interesting stuff happening to write about. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Have wonderful trip!!!! It should be a great experience! St.Petersburg is marvelous during summer "white nights". Make sure you also visit Prince Felix Youssupoff(sp?) palace,he was the one among those who orchestrated Rasputin 's murder.

Tallin is a cute city,if you visit.

Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@SANNA Thank you! 

The palace you are talking about, is that the one that sits by the water and on a clear day you can see Finland from Russia? It has multiple fountains and tier-stepped landscaping that goes out to the sea. Same one? I think it is a pale blue in color. Very ornate.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@itsmagic Thank you! I hope I have interesting stuff happening to write about. Smiley Happy

Hopefully nothing too interesting!  Safe travels!

IMG_4040.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I don't know where you get all your cartoons/avatars, but they are always so cool and make me smile.

Thank you. Heart