Honored Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown Luggage as a TS on HSN

I have this same size in another TS set she offered that is croco embossed.  My set came with a doctor's bag.  I don't find my set heavy at all but I do wonder about the larger pieces that I'd like to add to my collection.

But I just couldn't justify buying pretty much what I already own.  I just don't travel enough.  Had it been a larger bag for checking, I would have taken the plunge. The last 2 trips we've taken, DH and I were able to pack 1 larger bag that we checked.  But it's black which is a nightmare trying to find as it comes around the carousel, plus it wasn't the best quality so it's already showing signs of wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  LOVE LOVE LOVE packing cubes.  Use them every time I travel.  So much easier and organized and my suitcase doesn't become a jumbled mess.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL

Do you use the large much?   I'm trying to figure out what combo of sizes to get.   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal Trying to remember which ones I used last time I travelled which was last Fall.  I think I used one large for my pants.  I rolled my pants and then was able to add other things like a jacket to the cube too.  Then I did shirts in a medium.  You can get more in those things than you think!  I also got a long narrow one that I used for my heated hair brush curler thing that I use and was able to put other personal use items in it too and that worked out great.  I think at least one large one is great to have but I really use my medium and small cubes more than my large.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Bridgegal  LOVE LOVE LOVE packing cubes.  Use them every time I travel.  So much easier and organized and my suitcase doesn't become a jumbled mess.

@JudyL

all of the pieces i ordered have shipped. i am anxious to try the packing cubes that came with the TSV. if i like them and find them handy, i will probably go back and get more in different sizes.

two of the reasons why bought the koi orange....love brighter colors AND so much easier to find when they are coming out on the belts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 if you end up liking the cubes, check out Amazon for more.  Thats where i found lots of different set configurations, sizes, etc.  Prices were good too.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL

did you get the samantha brown ones or just other brands on amazon?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@JudyL

Thank you.   That is very helpful information.  Happy travels.

Trusted Contributor

I use packing cubes every time I travel. I buy them from eBags because they often have sales, they come in various sizes, and they're durable. I love all of the color choices, too. I can't imagine going anywhere without my packing cubes now! I bought different colors for my son and I, which makes it easy to know whose is whose. 

I own a set of SB luggage with a 21" carry-on and the doctor's tote. They're a little heavy, but they look new because of what they're made of. I have a Delsey carry-on that I now let my son use, but I know that the wheels and the handle are better on the Delsey. The wheels roll better, and the handle is more stable. It's fine for a carry-on since they don't get very heavy. I also bought a 28" to match my set, but the side handle broke the first time I packed it and was carrying it down the stairs at 3 a.m. I didn't have time to repack in the TravelPro, so I dealt with a broken handle for two weeks while we traveled. I'll probably donate that bag.

I also have the drop-bottom bag. It's fine, but it's not very comfortable to carry because the strap isn't very padded. I think I'll stick with Lug for my personal item from now on. She may have changed the wheels for this past TS, though. I have a feeling they're different than the ones on my bag. I would wait for reviews before I buy any more of her luggage. It looks good, and I always get compliments, but it's just not as comfortable to use as other luggage that I own. 

Honored Contributor

my koi orange pieces arrived on thursday and i got the chance to open all of them yesterday. lightweight, which i love.......pretty color that can be seen easily....nice features on the insides of the bags......zippers and wheels all working perfectly. cannot wait to start using them. i picked up five items, including the TSV.