Honored Contributor

@reiki604

We spent our 1st wedding anniversary in the old part of Quebec city.  Stayed in a great B&B, wish I could remember the name.  At any rate, we could hear the horse drawn carriages go past, clop, clop, clop sigh...

As for the Chateau Frontenac, we scraped together ALL our pennies and had dinner there.  It was wonderful!  Go for it if you can.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@reiki604

We spent our 1st wedding anniversary in the old part of Quebec city.  Stayed in a great B&B, wish I could remember the name.  At any rate, we could hear the horse drawn carriages go past, clop, clop, clop sigh...

As for the Chateau Frontenac, we scraped together ALL our pennies and had dinner there.  It was wonderful!  Go for it if you can.

@Drythe. I'm definitely going to go there for afternoon tea. I think we found a hotel near there. You can see Chateau Frontenac from some rooms or the river from others. Much more reasonable! Lol!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@reiki604

@Drythe. I'm definitely going to go there for afternoon tea. I think we found a hotel near there. You can see Chateau Frontenac from some rooms or the river from others. Much more reasonable! Lol!

@reiki604

@Tea!  Great idea.  I love to go fancy places that serve High Tea!  Once in NO there were @ 8 people we wanted to do something nice for, but dinner for that many was out of the question.  We invited them to tea at the Ritz, they were so pleased.

Have fun!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604, the Chateau Frontenac is gorgeous.  It has been awhile since I have been to Quebec City.  Check out Loews Le Concorde which is located just above the Chateau on The Plains Of Abraham overlooking the St. LAwrence River.  It is a fantastic location.  Gorgeous views, lots of green spaces for morning walks.  It is close to Grand Allee which has good restaurants.  

It is more reasonable than the Chateau.  It has recently been renovated.  Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.  As indicated, I haven't been there for awhile.  We used to stay here on business and came back on vacation.   Do your homework.  

If you want to visit the Frontenac, they used to do a very nice breakfast and, of course, high tea.

You can still do carriage rides here and in Old Montreal I believe.

Don't be surprised if you are adressed first in French.  If you reply in English, people are generally very happy to switch to English. 

I am Canadian.  Hope you enjoy your visit.  LM

PS, Book early.  The Fall is a popular time to travel here.

I note some services have been cutback at Loews.  For example, there is no room service.  Do your due diligence at Trip Advisor.

PPS! Also check out Manoir d'Auteuil.  It gets 4 1/2 stars on Trip Advisor.  Wherever you go, make sure you understand parking as it can be an issue.  LM

Valued Contributor
  • We stayed at the Auberge St Pierre in Old Quebec.  It was a lovely hotel and quite reasonable.  Breakfast was included.  If I went back to Old Quebec, it's where I'd stay