Frequent Contributor

We have been back for several weeks and had a great time!

First stop was the tree at Rockefeller Center.  That alone was worth the trip.  We dined with some friends from CT that first night.

Next day we tried our luck on the subway using directions from the conceirge.  Only thing he forgot to tell us was there were two stations across the street and we used the first one we saw and ended up on the east side when we needed to be on west side.   We walked through Central Park to the west side and I would have enjoyed it more if it was raining.  We did have our umbrellas but still got wet but we just made the most of it.  

Took a cab from there to Broadway (DH wanted to go to the Harley Davidson store) then I got to go to Macy's.  

We took the subway several more times and the people on there were so helpful.

Next day we walked to St Patricks then onto Times Square and lunched at Jrs Cheesecake.    

Wed morning it was snowing but it was brief and melted when it hit the ground but was fun to see.  Walked around some more and ended our last evening there with the Rockettes Christmas show.  Wow!!!  We loved it!  

I know one thing thank goodness I lost over 60lbs and do Zumba or those subway stairs would have killed me!! LOL  My thighs were burning the next day.  I know we went up and down at least 8 to 10 times that one day.

We did have one CD guy approach us in Times Square..I just kept walking and husband just say No thanks.  Never saw any monks...LOL  

Sorry this was so long but that was my second trip to NYC and I hope not the last because I love NYC and still have so many things left to see.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: NYC Update on trip

[ Edited ]

Oh, I love NYC as well but you lost 60 pounds on a visit to NYC?  How long were you there? 

NYC is just thrilling.  No matter what you do, how many places you go or what you see and do.  It is just thrilling.  I love NYC.  I don't want to live there.  Just go there, see there, be there.  It is a thrill a minute.

That sounds like a trip I might want to take --- perhaps not as long as yours.  I don't need to lose 60 pounds, but 16 would help.

Trusted Contributor

@DianeFL Sounds like you had a nice trip.  New York is great at Christmas time.

There is so much to see and do no matter when you visit.  

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

I live in the Northern burbs and I am still like a kid in a candy store when I get into Midtown, the energy in infectious

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

That sounds like so much fun!  I would love to visit NYC at Christmas time and see the holiday sights (and the Rockettes).  We went with some friends last April to NYC and my feet hurt so bad after all the walking (even with comfy shoes) but it was so much fun.  Thanks for your trip update!

Honored Contributor

@DianeFL  As a native New Yorker, happy to hear of your successful trip to NYC.  Yes, those subway stairs are a killer and no way to avoid them.  I'm hoping to see the Rockettes next holiday season--IMO, they alone are worth a trip to NYC.  Christmas is a magical time in the city if you can deal with the crowds.  If you haven't been already, the next time you go,  I strongly suggest being there for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  Seeing those balloons come down the avenue is awesome!

Happy New Year and happy travels!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I live in the Northern burbs and I am still like a kid in a candy store when I get into Midtown, the energy in infectious

it is isn't it

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@DianeFL  As a native New Yorker, happy to hear of your successful trip to NYC.  Yes, those subway stairs are a killer and no way to avoid them.  I'm hoping to see the Rockettes next holiday season--IMO, they alone are worth a trip to NYC.  Christmas is a magical time in the city if you can deal with the crowds.  If you haven't been already, the next time you go,  I strongly suggest being there for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  Seeing those balloons come down the avenue is awesome!

Happy New Year and happy travels!

once my daughter wanted to take an elevator at one of the subways stops , NFW we walked a few blocks

she insisted it was fine,  but I didn't want to find out 

Honored Contributor

You certainly hit the high spots, so glad you enjoyed yourself.

I grabbed the wrong subway once, ended up in Harlem

Hopped off then hopped back on going the other way, easy peasy

I only traveled during the day.

NYC has more museums than any city in the world, maybe next trip plan on hitting a few museums.    

Respected Contributor

Some of our friends rented a place in NYC for about 3 months (I think). 

Of course saw and did so many things and so many day trips too.

Had lots of friends come and visit. 

We have been so many times and are never bored on repeat trips.

One of the last trips we took a bus to West Point.