Honored Contributor

Lowest Price For Plane Tickets

I'm cautiously timidly considering going to Las Vegas in January to see Lady Gaga. Airline is all I still haven't done. I want a non stop flight, cannot deal with the thought of stops in winter weather. Just the thought of going in winter weather gives me anxiety, if storms cause issues. Refundable tickets=much more expensive. I used to use a travel agent too for most of my arrangements, she was a friend of my Mom's.

Only Jet Blue and Delta have non stop flights from where I live. I haven't flown in over 10 years, so many things have changed. Any great tips for deals? Now you have to pay extra for everything. I don't know if I can manage a small carryon for a weekend trip, it's flying Saturday and leaving Monday. Pathetic but true. Buying things is expensive there too. I've only been to LV once, in 2001. That was for a concert too.

I read that Tuesdays are a good day for flight deals. I know you can set alerts for them too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Lowest Price For Plane Tickets

Call Jet Blue directly say you ar uncomfortable booking on line and they should honor the online price. Check their website and get an idea of the price and times

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Most of the LV hotels have hotel/airfare (non-stop) deals.  Since you are just looking for airfare deals, I would deal w/a travel agent for non-stop flights.

Travel agents can find deals that are "not advertised" online & more often than not, can out beat them.

Also, any issues/problems that may crop up, the travel agent will deal w/them so you won't have to.

I travel to LV at least 3x's a year.  I use travel agents (AAA or AARP agents) for all of my travels.

You can also call the airlines directly for "hidden" non-stop deals.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Call Jet Blue directly say you ar uncomfortable booking on line and they should honor the online price. Check their website and get an idea of the price and times

You still have to pay the booking fee.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not always.  There are ways around it to get the booking fee waived.  The few times I resorted to calling an airlines I always play the "fixed income, senior, no computer, AAA, AARP, etc.," card.  Wins every time! hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I know that if you book with Jet Blue they are good about letting you change your flight without charge if they predict that weather will affect the flight.  But it's first come first served.   You need to monitor the situation.  Yes, they offer refundable fares at a higher cost and that's because it brings in revenue.  You have to decide for yourself how important this flight is and how much you want to pay.  And if you call the reservation # don't expect to get any "hidden fares".  They see the same fares that you do.

Super Contributor

not having a computer!--senior citizen!-AAA/AP member!-- lady u know how to play the game--KUDOS--I can't stop laughing Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are typically the cheapest days to travel. 

I don't have any experience with Jet Blue, but am very familiar with Delta. Check Delta Vacations https://www.delta.com/en_US/shop/delta-vacations for hotel/ground transportation/flight deals. I booked a short trip to Vegas thru them and got round trip air (in first class), hotel, and ground transportation for less than the price of just buying a coach ticket seperately. You can often put down a deposit on the trip and pay the balance later. I also booked a tour to several national parks and pretty much ended up with my airfare free (when comparing purchasing the parts seperately). 

If you decide to book your air transportation on your own, be very, very careful of the fare you select. If you pick "BASIC ECONOMY" rather than "MAIN CABIN", you will not be able to select your seat in advance. You'll also be in the last boarding group, so even though you may have packed in an appropriately sized carry-on bag, the overhead bins will be full and you'll have to check the bag anyway. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

We just got tickets for May 30! 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not always.  There are ways around it to get the booking fee waived.  The few times I resorted to calling an airlines I always play the "fixed income, senior, no computer, AAA, AARP, etc.," card.  Wins every time! hidemf3.gif

Not every time.  I worked for Jet Blue and trust me, everybody is familiar with those games.  Gives me hives to think about all those calls.

Don't think I'd be proud to brag about defrauding people.